1.

A M A R A

"I'm telling you Mara, he's got a thing for you," my coworker, Ashley said.

"I don't care if he has a thing for me. I have a boyfriend AND he's our old, perverted boss." I rolled my eyes. "Why would I ever want to have anything to do with that?"

She smirked at me. "I would do it. Money is power baby."

She got out of her seat and gave me a stern look. "You should come get drinks with us tonight."

"I'll think about it," I said as Ashley sighed.

I wasn't a fan of "going out." It wasn't because I didn't enjoy hanging out with my friends and drinking, but having one shitty experience seemed to be enough for me. But, I also knew that it was time for me to get out of the house, so giving Ashley the benefit of the doubt was the best option.

"Let me know," she finished before walking out of the room.

I checked the time. I had a meeting with my boss, Mr. Cline, in five minutes. I was his personal assistant, but I basically just did his job for him. Made the powerpoints, wrote the flash cards, printed the notes, everything. No one knew this of course, and even if I told my supervisors, they would shove it out of their way without a second thought.

I walked groggily up to the meeting room. When I entered, I noticed that myself and Mr. Cline were the first people here. Great.

"Miss Hale, It's great to see you," he said as he looked at me like I was a piece of meat.

"Mr. Cline." I smoothed my skirt.

"Why don't you come take a seat?"

"I'm ok standing. Thanks," I sharply responded. My face contorted into a grimace.

A crowd of people started swarming into the large room and I took a seat next to Ashley with a grateful sigh.

The presentation seemed to go on forever, and I found myself having to force my eyes to stay open. I needed to get more sleep, but that was hard these days.

"Miss Hale, please stay after for a second," Mr. Cline requested after the meeting.

Ashley left with a wink. "What's this about sir? Were the notes not descriptive enough?"

"No, not that." He made his way closer to me and said, "don't think I haven't seen the way you've been looking at me recently."

"I don't understand," I said, genuinely confused. He better not be talking about what Ashley insinuated.

"Don't be coy Amara," he flirted, backing me up against the door and reaching around my waist to squeeze my ass.

I pushed him off. "What the hell are you doing? That's sexual harassment!"

He rolled his eyes. "I know you wanted it. That's all girls like you want these days."

I scoffed at him and sprinted out of the room. I was reporting him whether or not the supervisors believed me.

I stormed into my supervisors office and announced, "Mr. Cline sexually harassed me."

The three chairmen stared at me with wide eyes. "Say that again?"

"Mr. Cline sexually harassed me," I repeated.

"How so?"

"He grabbed my as- butt. He grabbed my butt in the conference room after the meeting ended."

The door to the room opened. It was him "Dave! My man how are you?" He exclaimed.

"Great. We were just talking about you."