14.

L U C I A N

THREE WEEKS LATER

It had been three weeks since the accident. Three weeks of absolute torture. Except I wouldn't admit that to anyone else.

I was in and out of the hospital visiting her. Today was the last day I could come in before I had to return to work. I rented out her floor of the hospital so that there were no headaches.

Amara had been taken off of the ventilator. The doctors said that she was recovering extraordinarily fast and that it was a miracle she had made it this far. She was actually expected to wake up soon.

I pulled a chair up next to her and rested my chin on my hands. I felt strange looking at her. I noticed she was starting to stir.

"Amara?" I reached in and grabbed her hand.

Her head turned to face me, "Hm?"

Holy shit. She was awake. "Oh my God .Amara you're awake."

Her ice blue eyes opened and looked at me, "Lucian? What are you doing here?" She sniffled a little bit. I couldn't help but crack a smile. "You hate me. Why would you visit?"

"No Amara, I've never hated you," I said, an ache forming in my chest. I guess I should've seen it coming. I've never treated her well.

She sat up. "Hey, hey, you need to lay down," I said as I tried to stop her.

"No I'm fine," she dragged, her hand lazily pushing me away.

I could tell she was under some heavy drugs at the moment. She slurred her words and proceeded to try and get out of bed.

"Amara, you need to rest," I stated, concerned.

Right after she got out of bed, she fell forward into my arms. She laughed, "man, you're strong."

I smirked at her. "And you're not thinking straight."

She grabbed my biceps and looked up at me. "I like looking at you. You're nice to stare at."

"Oh really?" I smiled at her words.

"Mhm." She took me by surprise and wrapped
her arms around me. After leaning into me, she sighed into my chest and relaxed.

I wasn't used to this. I didn't know how to react. I knew she would forget about it tomorrow, but I still didn't know what to do.

"You're nice to hug too. Even though you aren't hugging me back," she pointed out.

I gave in and wrapped my arms around her. She fit perfectly in them, almost as if they were made for holding her. I dismissed the thought and let go. This had gone on for far too long.

"Amara lay back down. I'll go get a doctor, alright?"

She nodded and sat back in bed dazed when I left.

I found Dr. Adams and told him she had woken up. He rushed to her room so he could run some tests. When he got there, she was gone.

"She couldn't have gone far. She could barely walk earlier," I felt myself have a mini heart attack.

"I'm in the bathroom," she slightly yelled. I could hear her laugh to herself. She opened the door and slowly made her way back to bed, "Who's this?"