Dear Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Today I'm not writing to you to ask if you need anything before I go there, or to ask what time Kath will be home so I can surprise her. I'm also not writing to ask what should I bring Charlotte from Hogsmeade. I'm not asking if there's any candy or new toys the twins want me to bring them either.
Today is something rather... delicate.

I would prefer to call you Mr. Harvey in a situation like that, but I remember your 10 minutes speech of why I shouldn't call you that the last time I did. And the last thing I want (right now) is to get in your nerves.

You know I've been in love with your daughter for years now, and I'm totally aware that you and your wife approved our relationship. Katherine was by far the best thing that ever happened to me in my entire life. She didn't just bring me happiness, love and hope, she also gave me something I didn't know I craved so hard for: a family.

I think now, after seven years, is safe for me to say that I take Kath's family as my own. I've never felt that kind of love and happiness, neither did my mom, and I'm forever grateful for that.

But I'm not here to thank you for every little thing you lot have done for me, this would take ages. I'm actually writing this to ask something.

Will you give me your blessing to ask your daughter's hand in marriage?

I know exactly what you're thinking.

I could've asked you in person, but I rather wrote a letter because I'm in my house. It's not because I would cry saying those things out loud. I wouldn't.

I got the ring a few days ago, and I choose to send you this, hoping you could reply it as soon as you can, because knowing your daugher as much as I do, I know for a fact she could easily find it under my broken drawer if she wanted to. So I just need to do this as fast as I can.

And at the end of this week we're going to Potter's house to celebrate his engagement with Ginny Weasley, so I'm pretty sure she's going to find it when we start to pack our things. Let's pray she don't.

And I know I normally wouldn't care about your blessing or that kind of things. I wasn't planning to tell you his, because I really want you to give me your blessing, but if I'm being honest, It won't change anything.

I know, probably not the best thing to say to my hopefully future father-in-law.

But the thing is, the principal thing for me is her happiness. If she told me the only way for her to be happy is running away from everything, or even me being gone from her life, I would do it in a blink of an eye. So despite your answer, my actions will be completely based on Katherine's wishes (I'm sorry if you say no and I still do it).

That being said, I would love if you accepted me. You are the father I never had, and it would be incredible to have you happy with my plans.

And I know I'm not the traditional kind of man, you know that and Kath knows it to. But she's the love of my life, and I would do anything for her. Even writing my feeling for her in a letter and sending it to her parents. Even having to say it out loud to all our friends and family. Bloddy hell.

See what I did there? That's all Kath's fault. If I didn't love her as much as I do, I wouldn't hang out with her friends and became close to the Weasleys and I would never speak like them.

But here I am.

And no, I don't regret it.

Because I truly am fully in love with her.

Please write me back as fast as you can, I really want this to work.

PS: I have something else to show you. Take the little silver spoon and the key with a snake charm on it. The first one is a portkey. Take Charlotte with you and tell me what you think about it.

Love, Draco Malfoy
and hopefully your future son-in-law.