Potions

Hey guys, that chapter seems really boring, but by the end of it you will see that he's necessary for the story....

Happy reading!

xxxxxxxxxx

Katherine POV

"Before we start..." Snape said, and with only a movement of his wand, all of us were sitting in pairs. I was next to Malfoy, since our seats were close.

He started talking about the 15 different potions we studied this year, while we have to take notes about all the details. Snape wasn't even trying to slow down, and my partner wasn't helping. Actually, saying he wasn't helping was an understatement. He was doing his best to disturb me.

"Your 'r' looks like a 'v'." he said, pointing to my handwriting. I sighed.
"Maybe you should be writing instead of annoying me."
"Well, you said you wanted to do the writing. Now I'm bored."
"Why did I do that?" I groaned.
"You said, and I quote 'if we depend on your responsibility to write the details down, we will end up blowing this fucking school.'" he said, mimicking my voice. I rolled my eyes.

"Great. So fucking great. Now I didn't hear what Snape was saying. We will fail miserably." I groaned, running my fingers to my hair and tilting my head back.
"Don't do this, it turns me on every time and you know it." I scoffed, looking away to keep him from seeing me blushing "And about our... problem, fear not. I will get us out of that."
"I'm sure you will. If you obliviate him after he looks at our potion."
"That's a good idea, love. But that won't be necessary." he winked, leaning back on his chair.

He stopped interrupting me and I could actually pay attention to what Snape was saying. At least for the next 5 minutes. Everything was doing great, until I felt him pulling a strand of my hair. I tried to pull it back, but he grabbed my wrist, keeping me from doing it.

"What is it now?" I muttered.
"What's the color of your hair?"
"Use your fucking eyes for that, genius."
"You'll regret being rude later." he muttered under his breath "I asked you that because when you're close to me, your hair looks brown, but when you're close to Louis, for example, your hair looks blond."
"How long have you been watching me?" I looked at him, a smug grin on my face.
"Long enough to want to leave this bloody classroom and get us in my dorm." he answered, without missing a beat. My face must have shown how flustered I was, because now he had a large smirk on his face.

"Now, I will choose which potion each pair will get. You have until the end of the classroom to give me the perfect potion." he said, making a paper appear in front of each table. I read the name on it and sighed. I remember learning that one, and it wasn't my best.
"Easy." he said, standing up "I'll get our ingredients."
"Ok, take my..." I said, offering my notebook. But before I could finish it, he was already far. How does he even know what to get? I'm screwed.

I looked at my potions book, trying to find the page that explains about our potion, but I felt someone sitting by my side. There's no way Malfoy's already back.
"Hey."
"Hermione, hey!" I smiled happily, hearing my cousin's voice and snapping my head to her.
"Ron is getting the ingredients. It's the least he can do since I'll do the entire job." she rolled her eyes.
"Don't act like you don't enjoy it." she chuckled.
"I'm not here to talk about this." I frowned my eyebrows, trying to get what she's saying "So you and Malfoy?"

I gulped.

"It's not my choice. Snape did that, you saw it."
"Yes, but he didn't make you be friends with him. You weren't even paying attention to what Snape was saying." she crossed her arms.
"He was just being annoying. I wasn't being friends with him and..." she stood, looking at a point behind me.