Plan

Katherine POV

I was at the slytherin table on the Great Hall talking with Louis and Blaise about the quidditch game next month, and we were making our bets about who was going to win and who wasn't.
"You should try to get on the team, Jones." he just shook his head.
"I'm not really into sports. But I would be hot on the quidditch uniform." he said, taking a bite on his sausage.

Before I could say something, I saw Ron appear on the Great Hall door besides Malfoy, like they came together with other students. As soon as Ron's eyes landed on the gryffindor table, he saw Harry and Hermione and turned around. I stood and started running to catch him. When I reached the door, Malfoy looked at me with a puzzled look.
"Harvey?"
"Hi!" I waved at him, Crabbe and Goyle and left, not wanting to waste any more time without looking for my friend.

After a few minutes, I found him seated under a window. I smiled sadly and sat in front of him.
"How are you?"
"Just fine." he mumbled.
"You just runned away from dinner."
"I run away from them. By the way, you should be having dinner."
"I rather be with my sad best friend." he made a sarcastic smile.
"Oh I thought your best friend was Louis." I rolled my eyes.
"Am I with him right now?"
"No but you're always with him, studying with him. I bet you have sleepovers everyday and share little secrets." he said bitterly. I laughed loudly.

"Stop being jealous, dumbass. Look, both of you are my best friends. "
"Sorry, I miss you."
"But I'm here."
"I know, but you're always by my side. And I miss you when you're not around you know? It's like you always know what to say." I squeezed his hand.

"Well, I'll always be here. In fact, it will be only the two of us until they apologize to you."
"You don't have to do this."
"I kind of already did." I grimaced at him and explained what happened between us after he left.

"I don't want to feel like this. I wish things could be different. It's not like I'm jealous of them or anything. I just want to be special, you know? I want them to value me." and then, he explained to me about a weird body parts analogy, something like me being the eyes, harry the soul and hermione the brain of the group.

"Look, I want you to know that I understand you. I get what you're saying and where you're coming from. It's okay to feel like this, there's no need to be ashamed. But you're wrong. There's no such a thing. We're friends, not a machine. We have our qualities, but we're not just that. And come on, I eat as much as you."
"Yes but you do other things. My personality is eating like a starving wolf every meal." he complained, rolling his eyes. I laughed.

"I still think you're being delusional and I want to be clear that I do not agree with that thought of yours. But if we actually were body parts, you would be the heart. Easily. Ron, you're the most hearted person I've ever met. You care unconditionally, and your love is the purest thing. You put your loved ones' necessities above everything. I have absolutely no doubt that If you were here crying and I came to you complaining about how I hate my hair you would forget all of your problems and cheer me up. And don't think I'm proud of that. I wish you could be a little more selfish so you wouldn't be hurt that easy, but that's who you are. And I admire and love you for that."

"You think?" he smiled gently.
"No, I know." he tilted his head to the side, trying to hide his smile "Come give your bestie a hug." I said, pulling him into a tight hug. I laughed when he squeezed me.
"Thank you." he muttered, leaving a kiss on the top of my head.

I seated by his side, and rested my head on his shoulder, while his arm was wrapped around my shoulder.
"Don't talk to them until they apologize." he chuckled.
"As you wish."
"I miss your mom."
"She misses you too. Come spend the summer with us!"
"My parents would kill me if I didn't spend at least a month with them. You know what we should do? We should spend half of the summer on my house and the other half on your house."
"Totally agree."