Sometimes you can't have it all

Narrator POV

Katherine was at Draco's dorm, reading a book laying on his chest. He kept braiding little strands of her hair while humming a random song.

"No!" she gasped, dropping her book on her stomach and covering her face with her hands.
"What?" he asked, tilting his head to look at her.
"They're fighting. Again."
"What happened this time?"
"Just because her mom... Never mind, you won't understand, it's a long story."
"Tell me." her eyes sparkled in joy. She turned herself to completely face him and started explaining everything that happened in her book.

"... And you may think she's being a fool, but she wouldn't be acting like that if her sister di..." she stoped talking when he raised a hand and stroked her cheek "Are you even listening?"
"Mhm." he lied, still looking at her "Your eyes shine when you talk about something you like. Has anyone ever said that to you?" she blushed.
"Can you stop?" she muttered, looking away from him with a frown. She hates when he makes her shy. But he loves it.

"Stop what? Saying you're beautiful?" she blushed again, looking at him and facing his signature smirk.
"Well, at least one of us has to be. Imagine if I were as ugly as you?" she smirked and he opened his mouth in surprise.
"Oh you did not." he said, tickling her sides making her laugh hysterically.

"STOP IT, stop it. Draco, STOP IT." she begged, her face already red.
"Not until you say how beautiful I am."
"Fine...Fine... This little bit." she joked, putting her index finger and thumb together, insinuating a small thing.

"Oh so that's the game you wanna play?" he said, tickling her even more.
"OK OK you are beautiful. Very much. So handsome. The prettiest. The hottest." she said between laughs, breathless. He smirked and let her go.
"I liked that." he said, falling over her, laying his face on her chest.

"Move, I'm trying to breath." she tried to push him, but he didn't move even a muscle.
"Not going anywhere. Get used to it." he mumbled, hugging tightly. She sighed in annoyance, but deep down she liked it. She wrapped her arms around him, and felt him smiling, whilst drawing little forms on her waist.

After a few minutes in silence, she decided to talk to him.
"I think I'm going to tell my friends about us." she felt him froze and stop his moves. He positioned himself on his ewbols and looked at her.
"Really?"
"Yeah. I mean, if you're okay with that." she asked, biting her lower lip. She should've asked before.
"Of course. If that's what you want, that's what we'll do." he said, giving her a kiss. She smiled before cupping his chin and deepening the kiss.

——————

"Hey, guys." She smiled nervously, playing with her fingers. Hermione, Ron and Harry smiled at her "Where's Ginny?"
"Potions." Harry said quickly, receiving a glance from the others "What? I saw her, that's it."

"Mkay... So, I need to talk to you guys. Can we go to a place more... private?" she asked. The trio looked at each other and nodded, walking to an almost empty corridor.

"So, what's going on?" Hermione asked, crossing her arms with a confused expression.
"Well, first of all, I'm sorry for not telling you guys sooner. I was really scared of how you were going to react about it, but now I'm ready."

It was very uncommon to see Katherine this nervous, which only made her friends more worried.
"Second, I know you will think It's strange, but I'm actually really happy."
"Bloody Hell, Katherine. I'm going to explode! Just say it!" Ron said, really scared about what she was going to tell them.

"You remember the party after the house cup, right?" they nodded "And you remember that everybody thought Louis was my boyfriend because he stood up for me after the Pucey thing. Well, he really wasn't my boyfriend. He only did that so no one would get suspicious about my real boyfriend." they looked at her with expectation and she sighed "Draco Malfoy."