There's no secret anymore

Narrator POV

Katherine skipped dinner.

She spent the rest of the afternoon in her dorm, waiting for him to show up and say everything was a mistake. But he never did. So, when people started coming back to the common room, she left.

She sitted on the window in one empty hall, and thought.

What she is going to do now?

How in hell she's going to concentrate on her O.W.L.S now?

She wished she could sleep and only wake up on the beginning of the summer break.

It was past curfew, and she was starting to get sleepy. She didn't even try to hide from Umbridge, Filch or any prefect, so the reason she wasn't caught was just one: pure luck.

When she mumbled the password, the doors opened, revealing a blond boy really close to losing his mind, walking from one side to the other of the place, with his face slightly red and his robes on the ground, revealing his white shirt with the first three buttons opened and his rolled up sleeves.

"Katherine!" he said, snapping his head to her as soon as she walked in. He had relief in his face, but when he looked at her and saw the blank expression she holded, his face fell.

She started walking to her dorm, choosing to ignore him, but he rushed to be in front of her, blocking her path.

"Excuse me, Malfoy." she said, coldly without looking in him eyes.

"M-Malfoy? Kath, please don't do this." he begged, trying to hold her arm.
"That's your name, for as long as I can remember." she said, still not staring at him.

"Look, I know you're upset. And you're right to be, I would be too. But I freaked out, I had no Idea you wanted me to tell my friends. I'm so sorry for not telling them about us, I should've said you were telling the truth, but I panicked." he said, holding her shoulders and trying desperately to make her look at him. She sighed.

"That's okay."
"Please I... Wait, what? That's okay?" he frowned, confused because of how easy he forgave her.
"Yeah."

"So you're not upset?" he asked. She finally looked at him, her eyes were cold. Like he was something she just stepped on in the middle of the road, and he wished she hadn't looked at him in the first place.
"Why would I be? We're not dating."

"What? Yes we are. I'm your boyfriend."
"No, you're not."
"Kath, please. I'm so sorry. What do I have to do for you to forgive me?"

"I waited for you, you know?" she looked back at him, but this time he could see how hurt she was. And it broke him "After I left, I waited for you in my dorm. I thought you would come after me, to apologize and say it was a mistake. But you didn't."

"Yes, I did. But I had to do some things first." she chuckled coldly.
"Of course you did."
"You don't understand. I froze, I had no idea what to do and what to say. So when I woke up you were gone. But I looked for you, I promise I did."
"You did an amazing job." she muttered bitterly. He sighed.

"I gave up in the middle of the way, because I had nothing to say to you. I thought you would be mad at me, so I started looking for my friends to talk to them and explain that we were dating. I explained everything to each one of them, that's why it took me so long to find you. Then I came to your dorm but you weren't here. By the time I realized, it was dinner time. So I stood there waiting for you to show up, but you didn't." he explained.

"If you didn't want me to tell people, you could've just said, you know?" she said, her lips starting to tremble.
"I didn't realize you wanted to tell everybody. I thought you just wanted to tell your friends." he stepped close and hugged her tightly, breathing her cherry scent, the only thing that could calm him down. "I'm really sorry, love. Can we please go to my dorm and be together?" she sighed, and he realized she wasn't hugging him back.

"I need to sleep, Malfoy." she said, stepping back.
"So that means we're not together anymore?" he said, frowning.
"Look at the bright side, now you don't have to tell people anything." she said, starting to walk up to the girl's dorm.

"You're not being fair, Harvey."
"Oh, really? And why is that?" she turned to face him.
"Because you were the one that asked me to keep our relationship between us, before and after we started dating. You were the one trying to hide me. And then you decide you don't want us to be a secret anymore and I just have to follow your lead?"
"Don't act like you didn't agree with that. You wanted it too."

"So at the end of the day we're not so different, are we?" he said, bitterly.
"Yes we are."
"Care to explain why?"

"The reason I didn't want my friends to know about this, is because you fucking bullied them since you know each other. I wanted first to show them that you've changed, so they accept you. But you didn't wanted people to know we were dating because I don't give a fuck about blood status, Malfoy. That's the difference between us."

"Well, it's definitely not my fault that you have no fucking sence and don't care about beeing a bloodtraitor." he said, and widened his eyes as soon as the words flew out of his mouth "Shit, sorry. I didn't mean that."
"Yes, you did." she said, feeling her eyes watering. For the first time, these words actually hurt her.

"No, I didn't. You know I changed. Please, forgive me, Kath. For everything. I need you."
"Need me enough to let your parents know about us?" he looked away "That's what I thought."

She said and left.

But this time, he didn't stop her.

But it's not because he gave up on her. Or because he doesn't like her enough to do so. It's quite the opposite, actually.

He likes her so much that he knows he doesn't deserve her. She deserves better, someone who can show her off without having to deal with consequences. Someone who can love her without limits. Someone who can be to her what she is to him. And he would never be that good. Honestly, he doubts that anyone can. That's how good she is.

And when they got to their dorms, they realized everyone was listening.

Well, at least there's no secret anymore.

xxxxxxxxx
I hope you liked (despite all of the drama haha)!

I'm sorry for the small chapter, I promise the next one is a bit longer!

Thank you for reading this, comenting and voting! I love every single one of you!

Lmk if there's any typos so I can correct it as soon as possible!

Please tell me what do you want to see here! I would love to know what more you guys are interested, friendship, relationship, their parents, what? Please lmk!

See you soon!
-A