Kath's summer break

Narrator POV

From the moment Katherine went home, she didn't stop to rest. Her mother gave birth to two beautiful and healthy boys, and she immediately fell in love with her brothers.

She helped her parents to watch the kids and take care of the house. Honestly, she couldn't have handled it if it wasn't for her friends.

They showed up after two weeks because of a letter of Mrs. Harvey. Katherine was still hurt, but she missed her friends. And since she didn't have her O.W.L.S to use as an excuse anymore, she had to talk to them.

They spent one entire month together, but Kath chose to don't go to the burrow, in order to help her mom and spend more time with her siblings. She loved to talk to them, she could spend hours talking about anything that came to mind, and it wouldn't matter! They couldn't understand, nor judge her.

One day, she was resting on the living room reading a book when she heard a knock on the door. She frowned and rushed to open it. Who would it be?

Luna Lovegood.

The blond girl was wearing a beautiful purple dress over a white shirt. Her hair was down with a few blue clips in it, and she was carrying a backpack. Her smile could light up the room, and she soon hugged the confused girl.

"Luna? It's everything okay?"
"Yes! I figured you could use a visit, and you told me I could come anytime, so here I am!" she giggled and came inside.

When Harvey was busy ignoring all of her friends in Hogwarts, Luna and her ended up getting close. They used to study together, or even talk about random things. It was good, because Luna never asked about Draco or all of the drama.

After the summer break started, they changed a few letters, and in one of them, Luna said they should see each other during that time, to which Katherine responded "Of course! You can come anytime!". It's not like she doesn't want Luna in her house or anything like that, but she was just being polite, not inviting her.

They talked a lot, and Kath's parents just fell in love with Luna. She was sweet, gentil, kind, and always knew what to do to help the twins. It was like she knew what they were thinking. She gave wonderful tips to Charlotte and Thomas, and everybody enjoyed Lovegood's company.

One day, Luna, Kath and the twins, David and Evan, were in Kath's bedroom. Luna was laid on her stomach on her bed, playing with little David, while Kath was seated on her side, hugging Evan and trying to make him burp.

"Mate, stop laughing and just burp." she mumbled, making the baby laugh a little more. She rolled her eyes and faced him "What it's so funny? Care to explain?" she asked, squeezing her eyes to the boy. Before she could fake argue a little longer with the baby, Luna interrupted.

"You love him." Kath chuckled.
"My brother? I mean..."
"Draco. You love him, don't you?" she freezed.
"Luna, I have no idea what you are talking about. We dated, we broke up. End of story."

"But you still love him, it's not the end."
"I never started loving him in the first place. And if I did, it's over now."
"Well, it doesn't seem over to me. And clearly not for him."
"I don't understand where you are coming from. We never loved each other in the past, and most certainly we don't love each other now."

"So why did you bring his letters?"
"I didn't. He never wrote me letters."
"I saw your trunk. They're on a red box."
"Oh, that? These are notes. Nothing romantic in that. And I just forgot to throw them away, it doesn't mean I still love him." Luna gave her a mischievous smirk.
"Then you won't mind if I read them to you, right?"
"Go ahead." she muttered. Of course she could handle it. She wasn't weak.