Christmas Party part 2

"Can I take a picture of you two for the daily prophet?" Colin asked the two girls, who embraced each other and smiled at the camera. "Katherine, I took a picture of you and Malfoy. Do you think he will complain if I use it for the cover? "
"Not at all. You know how much he loves to be in the spotlight. " she laughed.

"Let's Dance!" Harry called, pointing to the center of the room, where some students were joining their dates.
"Ronald. If you hurt my cousin, I will slice your throat. " Kath threatened the redhead. Hermione rolled her eyes in shame and pulled her friend away from her cousin as soon as possible.

"Let's go?" she felt two hands hold her by the waist.
"Of course." she replied, turning to face Malfoy, while pretending not to have shivers all over her body.

The couple joined the others and started dancing, following the rhythm of the music just like everyone else.
"You do know how to dance." he commented and she rolled her eyes.
"Did you think I wouldn't know?" he shrugged "I learned from my father. Since I was little, we danced in the living room. He always says that this is how he won my mother's heart. " she explained, feeling her longing tighten in her chest. He just nodded, as if he wasn't very interested in the conversation. But the truth was, it just hurt too much.

After dancing for a while, people started to walk away, approaching the tables.
"Let's have dinner?" she asked and he agreed. He linked his arms with her and headed for the table he shared with his friends. "Wait. Where are we going?"
"Sit with my friends, why?"
"I don't want to sit with your friends." she replied.

"You don't think I'm going to share a table with the biggest loser and his followers, do you?"

"Don't talk about them like that. I am also not going to sit with your friends. "
"Great, so let's sit alone!"
"Great." Kath ended the discussion and stomped off to an empty table, followed by the blonde.

They both ate in silence, until she couldn't take it.
"You really like her, don't you?"
"What on earth are you talking about, woman?"
"Parkinson. You really like her. If you want my opinion, you should stop that silly pride and take what you have. "
"I'm glad I don't want your opinion." he replied, playing with the food on the plate.

"Seriously, I don't understand what's your deal. You complain when she calls you boyfriend but freak out when she goes out with another guy. "
"I didn't freak out."
"You called the person you least like at the whole school to go with you as a couple."
"You are not the person I least like. First comes Potter, then his friends, all of the Hufflepuff and all of the Gryffindor in third place."

"And then me?"
"Among students, yes."
"I confess I'm surprised."
"You really shouldn't. I don't hate you, I just think you're dumb."
"What?"
"You draw attention, you stand out in most classes and you are the hottest girl in school. According to most boys. And yet, you insist on hanging out with losers like them."

"Let me guess, should I team up with you then?"
"You are the one who said it." he smirked.
"No, thank you. I still don't know why Pansy hasn't killed me yet. " he rolled his eyes and was silent for a while.

"I don't like her."
"What?"
"Pansy. I don't like her. But she always goes to parties with me, and out of the blue she decided to go with Zabini thinking I was going to be alone. "
"Did you asked her?"
"I thought it was already obvious that we were going together." she laughed.
"This was your mistake." he rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to get something to drink. I am too sober to continue a conversation with you. "
"Thanks for the honesty, dear. Bring me a Butterbeer!" she said while he was on his way to the table with drinks.

She sat watching the environment until she heard someone sit next to her.
"Kath, you look beautiful." a seventh-year hustler said, bringing his face close.
"Thanks, you look great as well Josh."
"So ... Malfoy huh?"
"We are just friends." she explained.
"Awesome. You know, if I knew you didn't have a date yet, I certainly would have invited you. " He smiled. It was a lie, and she knew it. But before he could do any more moves, they both heard a clearing of their throat.

"You. Out." Malfoy said with a serious face to the boy, while holding two glasses. The Hufflepuf obeyed and winked at her. The blonde sat next to Katherine and handed her a glass. "Do you believe him? Hitting on my date in my face? "
"You were right, after all. He was about to ask me out. "
"Of course I was right."

"Malfoy." she called, staring at her glass. He looked at her. "I'm glad you're rich. If you depended on your talent as a waiter, you would starve to death. "
"What now?"
"I'm sure I ordered Butterbeer."
"Oh yes, you did."
"And why I'm drinking Firewhisky?"
"I prefer it." he shrugged, sipping his drink. Since she wasn't in the mood to argue, she just drank too.

"So, why don't you spend Christmas with your parents?" she asked after a long period of silence, staring at him. He propped the glass down hard on the table.
"I'm not in the mood."
"Did something happen between you?"
"What is it? Are you my fucking diary now? I'm not going to talk to you, we don't even know each other." he attacked, on the defensive.

Kath's first instinct was to attack him back, but she was an observer. She noticed the way the boy's gray eyes widened for a fraction of a second when she mentioned his family. She noticed how he swallowed before answering. She knew there was something wrong there, but she was not going to insist.

So she just came over and rested a hand on his thigh, looking into his eyes.
"It's okay, I understand."

However, Harvey's observation skills were not just about sad times. She noticed how the blonde's pink lips parted slightly. She realized when his eyes went down to her hand, and when they looked back into her eyes. She realized when he licked his teeth sensually.

She drank the rest of her drink in one gulp and got up from the table.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm leaving. You're coming?"
"Obviously, I'm not going to be alone at a party." he replied, following her.

They walked in silence to the common room, where they stopped in front of each other. Katherine smirked and he wondered if she had the same intentions as he did.

"Are you sleepy?"
"Not at all."

xxxxx
Hey guys!

Hope you like it!

Next chapter will be ✨✨✨spicy✨✨

See you!
-A