decorations (scomark)

Mark furrows his eyebrows as he sees a wreath on the door, but doesn't think much of it. Scott did say he would be decorating today.

What he doesn't expect is for him to open the door to a Christmas Wonderland. Which, is pretty fucking close to what he's seeing right now.

"Marky, you're home!"

Mark smiles at the boy in the red sweater. "Hi, angel." He says softly.

"Do you like the apartment?" Scott asks. "Oh! I made Hot Chocolate. It's on the stove."

"I—wow, you really decked out the place, babe," Mark says.

"Do you want marshmallows?" Scott yells from the kitchen.

Mark is about to say he doesn't even like hot chocolate when Scott appears with a hot chocolate, with marshmallows in it. "Here, baby," he hands the mug to Mark and places a kiss to his cheek.

Mark blushes at the affection.

"So?" Scott asks, "What do you think?" He gestures to the decorations.

Mark takes a sip of his hot chocolate, and oh, that's actually really good, and looks at the place.

"It's very festive," Mark chuckles, and Scott pouts.

"You don't like it," Scott says.

"What? Oh, no, baby, it's beautiful," Mark corrects himself. "I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. It's gorgeous in here." He smiles, sips his hot chocolate.

"You promise?" Scott asks.

Mark nods. "I promise. It came as a little of a shock to me because my family would put up the tree and the stockings and that was it," he explains. "But the more I look at it, the more I love it."

Scott smiles, knows Mark is being genuine. "Good," he says, "Because this was a lot to set up."

Mark giggles at that, and walks into the living room. "Oh, the tree is perfect, baby," he compliments.

"Yeah?" Scott asks, sneaking his arms around Mark's waist from behind.

"Yeah," Mark leans into Scott. "Our perfect tree in our perfect home."

Scott kisses Mark's temple. "I love you."

Mark sighs, happy. "I love you too."

"You know," Scott unwraps himself from Mark, grabbing one of his hands. "Hang on a second."

Mark giggles. What is this boy up to?

He happily follows Scott, until they're standing beneath the doorway leading to their shared bedroom.

"You know," Scott starts over, "We're both standing under the mistletoe."

"You dragged me here." Mark says.

"It doesn't mean we're not here," Scott retorts.

"What if I don't want to kiss you?"

"It's the rules. You have to kiss me under the mistletoe."

"That is not a very coronavirus friendly rule."

Scott laughs. "Come on. Please?"

"Oh, I suppose," Mark teases, leaning in, and kissing Scott sweetly. "There. Was that good?"

"Yeah, Marky. That was good."

Mark smiles at the happy boy in front of him. "The house looks beautiful, Scotty."

"Thanks, sweetheart," Scott says, "Let's go watch a movie."