young love

this may or may not be loosely inspired by heartstopper—i have covid so i miiiiight have watched the whole season in one day. anyways! enjoy teenage scomark

also there is an unspecified amount of time between dashes....a few days/weeks?? :-)

-

Mark runs off the field, dirt all over his baseball uniform from the game he played.

He looks on the bleachers, a face of confusion morphing into a smile when he sees his boyfriend running close to meet him.

"Baby!" Mark squeals, when Scott hugs him tight. "You made it!"

"Of course I did," Scott says. "I told you, I'd never miss a game."

"You don't have to be at every single one," Mark blushes.

"And miss your killer home run?" Scott scoffs, placing his hands on Mark's cheeks. "Baby, I wouldn't dream of it. Baseball is your passion, just like music is mine. You haven't missed a single concert since we met. Why would I miss a game?"

"Dunno," Mark shrugs. "Thank you for being here."

Scott leans in and kisses Mark quickly. "You did so well, Marky." He brings his hands down to hold both of Mark's. "I'm proud of you. Can I buy you dinner?" He asks.

"No, let me buy you dinner," Mark smiles. "You've bought mine the last, like, 3 times. It's my turn. We can go to the pad thai place again."

Scott huffs, defeated. "Okay." He says.

-

"Come on! We're almost there!" Mark says, holding Scott's hand as they run.

"Do I get to know where we're going yet?" Scott laughs, being dragged by Mark.

Mark stops, and looks around. "Right here," he says. "Look at the view, Scotty."

Scott looks ahead, and there's a gorgeous view of the sky, right above this field they've been wandering on for what seems like at least an hour. "We can watch the sunset?" He asks.

Mark chuckles, leaning in to kiss Scott's cheek, then his jaw. "Yeah, my love. I brought blankets too. Help me set up?"

They set up the blankets, and Scott is the first to sit down. "Marky? Are we set?" He asks.

Mark looks around again, making sure they've chosen the perfect spot.

He smiles. "Yeah, angel. We're set." He starts to sit down, get all cozy with Scott, when...

"Wait!" Scott exclaims.

Mark scoots away from Scott, for just a moment. "What is it, Scotty?"

Scott grins, picking two flowers from the ground. "Look, Marky. Dandelions. We have to make a wish!"

Mark chuckles, grabbing one of the flowers Scott picked. He closes his eyes, before blowing it right into Scott's face.

"Baby!" Scott laughs. "Was that necessary?"

Mark giggles. "It was an accident, but I'm going with it," he nods, placing his hands on Scott's chest. "I'm sorry, angel," he pouts.

Scott looks at his dandelion, closes his eyes, and blows it into Mark's face.

Mark sneezes as a result, and Scott can't help but "aww" at it.

"Did you just 'aww' at me sneezing?" Mark asks. "God, we are repulsive."

"It was actually so cute, Marky," Scott smiles. "Can we cuddle now? This is actually so perfect."

Mark just leans forward, pressing his lips to Scott's. Scott leans back, surprised, and they fall into a laying down position, giggles escaping both of them.

"I love you," Mark mumbles, getting comfortable, snuggling close to Scott.

"I love you too, Marky," Scott muses, happy.

-

"Scotty?" Mark asks, as they walk into Scott's room, tossing their backpacks on the floor. "Will you play for me? Please?" He blushes, pointing at Scott's guitar.

Scott's eyes widen. "I, uh...Marky, I'm not..."

"You're great," Mark pouts. "I've heard you in the practice rooms at school when you think I'm not listening. You're great. Will you play for me?"

"Uh," Scott blushes, "O-okay. What do you want to hear?" He grabs his guitar, sits on his bed.

"Anything," Mark says, sitting next to him. "I just want to hear you play, baby."

Scott ponders for a moment as he tunes his guitar, then starts plucking away at the strings. He sings softly as he plays, and Mark swears, he's died and gone to heaven.

The song is over too quickly for Mark's liking.

"Baby," Mark groans. "God, I'm lucky. All I ever want is to hear you sing and play. Until I die. Yep, that's it."

Scott giggles, putting his guitar back on the stand. "You liked it?" He asks shyly.

"Scotty, I loved it." Mark confirms. "God. You're like, Harry Styles or something, I swear."

"Oh, uh, I wouldn't say that." Scott sits back down on the bed.

Mark leans forward, quickly capturing Scott's lips with his own. "In case I haven't told you today," he says, grabbing Scott's hand. "I love you."

Scott smiles so big. "I love you too."

"And you're totally the next Harry Styles, by the way," Mark giggles. "And all the girls will want a piece of you. But that's too bad."

"Certainly too bad," Scott agrees, leaning in to kiss Mark.

-