singin' pt 2 (scomark)

Mark leaves for tour with Scott tomorrow. He can't really sleep, so he pulls out his phone.

marky: hi sweetheart

scotty: hi angel. you're still awake?

marky: yeah, just nervous

scotty: there's no need
scotty: you're my soulmate and i know we were made for each other
scotty: i knew it the moment i heard you sing

marky: well yeah that's kind of what happens...

scotty: shut up
scotty: what i think i'm trying to get at is that i love you more than i thought i would

marky: i love you too baby

scotty: i'm gonna sing my sweetheart to sleep, okay?

Mark smiles.

marky: okay :)

you are my sunshine
my only sunshine
you make me happy
when skies are grey
you never know dear
how much i love you
please don't take
my sunshine
away

marky: that was a very short song

Scott laughs, and Mark hears it. It makes him blush and he buries himself more into his blankets.

i heard you singin'
yeah
in my ear
yeah
i heard you laughin' and i didn't know what to do
mmm
all i know
yeah
all i know is
all i know is
i love you

Mark smiles.

marky: goodnight sweetheart

scotty: goodnight my love

Mark has been on tour with Scott for about 3 weeks now. He loves it.

"Thank you, Birmingham!"

Scott has just finished his set, and walks offstage.

Mark is there waiting for him.

"Hi, angel. How was the set tonight?" Scott asks.

"It was so good, baby," Mark says. "You heard me singing along, right?"

Scott smiles. "I always do." He leans in to kiss Mark. "My number one fan."

Mark steals one more kiss before they go to the dressing room.

Once Scott is done changing, they sit on the couch that's provided for a little bit. Scott rests his head on Mark's lap, and before Mark knows it, Scott has fallen asleep.

Mark giggles quietly at the realization, and his heart is warmed when he sees the corners of Scott's mouth tilt just barely upwards as a result of it.

Mark just runs his fingers through Scott's hair to soothe him, and he watches Scott relax.

"Hey, guys, we're headed back to the hotel. Oh my— did Scott fall asleep on you?" Esther asks. "That's so cute."

Mark smiles. "I know, he's pretty cute, isn't he?"

Esther nods. "Alright, well we're headed back to the hotel, so unfortunately he's gonna need to wake up."

"Okay, I'll take care of it," Mark says.

Esther leaves and Mark looks down at Scott again. "Hey sweetheart, we're leaving to go to the hotel," Mark says. "Come on, wake up for like 5 minutes and then we can cuddle until we both fall asleep."

" 'M comfy here," Scott whines.

Mark laughs and Scott opens his eyes. "Come on, my love. Let's go."

They arrive at the hotel, and as soon as they get in the hotel room, Scott practically flops onto the bed.

Mark chuckles. "Are you tired, honey?"

"Mmh," Scott hums, and Mark laughs again.

"Come cuddle," Scott pouts.

"Okay, let me just brush my teeth and change into some sleep clothes. You should too."

They both brush their teeth and change, and then get under the covers. Scott wraps his arms around Mark and they both close their eyes.

"Sweetheart?" Scott asks.

"Oh, look who's awake now," Mark teases. He turns over so he can see Scott's face.

Scott laughs. "I just wanted to say that I'm so thankful I found you. Well, you found me. I'm thankful that we're together, is what I'm trying to say."

Mark blushes. "I'm glad I found you too, baby."

"I just, I know we've only known each other for a few months, but I know you were meant for me and that I was meant for you. Does that even make any sense?"

Mark smiles and nods. "Yeah, I feel the same way, Scotty."

They don't say anything else. They drift off to sleep.

"Atlanta! How are you?" Scott asks, and the crowd cheers.

"Alright. Let's get started!" Scott says, he grabs his acoustic guitar, and starts playing a melody.

Mark is offstage in the wings, and he's honestly a little confused. This isn't the first song in Scott's set.

"This is a song that I wrote for my soulmate," Scott says. "Mark, would you come out to the stage?"

Mark blushes and walks out to the stage. Of course Scott would do something like this.

"Everyone, this is Mark, my soulmate."

The crowd 'aww''s.

"Baby, what are you doing?" Mark asks.

"Good question, sweetheart," Scott says. "I'm gonna sing you the song I wrote for you."

The crowd cheers, and Scott starts to play.

i heard you singin'
heard you laughin'
didn't know what to do
all i knew
was that i
love you

i heard you singin'
heard you laughin'
i was over the moon
cause i'd finally heard
from you

i am in love
i'm in love
i'm in love
i'm in love
with my baby

i am in love
i'm in love
i'm in love
i'm in love
with your smile
and your laugh

and i'm in love
i'm in love
i'm in love
i'm in love
with you, my baby

i love you more than words could say

and now i see you singin'
see you laughin'
see you smile every day
and i know that i
know that i
love you

The song ends, and Mark is crying.

"This is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me," Mark says. "I love you. You're so sweet to me." He stands up and hugs Scott.

"I love you too, angel," Scott says. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."