meeting you (scomiche)

scotty💓: good morning baby :)

mitchems: good morning !! you sing at your graduation today !!

scotty💓: i do!!

mitchems: be sure to get me a video. you know i find it so hot when you sing😍

scotty💓: i'll get you a video. i'm nervous :(

mitchems: you're going to do so great baby

scotty💓: i wish you were here

mitchems: i do too.

Mitch smiles down as he texts his boyfriend of 2 years, Scott. He doesn't know that Mitch has flown down to see him graduate.

It'll be the first time they meet in person.

Of course Mitch has his fears.

What if he's not everything Scott wants him to be? What if Scott is cheating on him? What if Scott reacts in a bad way?

They've facetimed and called each other countless times but it's just not the same. He's really nervous and doesn't want this to go
wrong.

scotty💓: i love you so much

Mitch smiles again. He'll be fine.

•••

And then he's at the ceremony about to turn in his ticket and all of a sudden it's hot.

It's too hot. He's panicking. It's hot. He can't do this. What if Scott hates him? What if Scott didn't like that he wanted to surprise him? What if he was just a joke to Scott?

It's too damn hot. Why did they decide to have this outside? He's sweating and panicking and he can't breathe and he—

"Hey, are you okay?" A voice asks, tapping on his shoulder. Mitch turns around to look at the man.

"Wait, Mitchy?" The man, that Mitch is now identifying as Scott, says. "You—you're here?" He wraps his arms around him and Mitch begins to calm down.

"H-hi," Mitch says.

"Are you okay?" Scott asks, pulling away from the hug. "You looked like you were in the midst of a panic attack there."

"I was," Mitch admits, "I got nervous at the thought of meeting you and I know that's stupid but—"

"You came down here to surprise me?" Scott asks. "From LA?"

Mitch nods. "I wanted to meet you, baby." He bites his lip, and smiles.

Scott thinks he actually might melt into a puddle on the floor for a moment. "That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me," Scott says, taking Mitch's hand in his own. "Let me get you a ticket by my family."

"I already have one, right by your mom," Mitch blushes. "I had to have someone know I was coming," Mitch says.

"I suppose," Scott teases, giving Mitch's hand a squeeze. "I have to head into the school to get my cap and gown on. I'll see you later?"

Mitch nods.

The ceremony goes by slower than Mitch would like to admit. He and Scott's family go crazy when they call his name, and Mitch cries when he hears Scott sing.

Scott runs to Mitch as soon as the ceremony is over. "I can't believe you're here," he says, hugging him tightly. "I already missed you and that was just for two hours," Scott admits.

"Baby," Mitch chuckles, "I'm so happy. This is so surreal."

Scott nods and then turns to his family. "Guys, this is Mitch. I love him with my whole being. I hope you don't mind if he tags along for the graduation festivities."

"I made reservations for one person extra for lunch today," Connie says. "Mitch, we would love to have you join us."

They all head to the car, and Scott and Mitch tag behind a bit.

"Hey," Scott says, and Mitch looks up at him as they walk. "I love you. Thank you for being here."

"I love you too," Mitch says, "I haven't been this happy in a long time."

Scott kisses Mitch's forehead before they continue walking and Mitch thinks it's the cutest thing ever. He's finally spending some time with the boy he loves and he couldn't be happier.