scavenger hunt (scomiche)

Mitch stirs in his and Scott's shared bed. It takes a moment to realize that today's Valentine's day. He rolls over to say it to Scott when he realizes...

Scott's not there.

"Scott?" Mitch mumbles, sitting up.

As if on cue, his phone rings.

"Hello?" Mitch mumbles, and Scott, who's on the other line, laughs.

"Good morning, baby! Happy Valentine's Day!"

"Happy Valentine's Day," Mitch mumbles, still half asleep. "Where are you? I miss you. Come cuddle with me."

"As tempting as that sounds," Scott begins, "I'll have to deny that offer. I've made a little scavenger hunt for you, and that's what we're doing today."

"Scavenger hunt?"

"Yeah. I made five stops, some of which include me, some of which don't. You better get started! It's already 10." And with that, Scott hangs up.

"I don't even have a clue," Mitch sits up, and a card falls on his lap. He assumes Scott must have put it on him while he was sleeping.

your smoothie king order is in the fridge. grab it if you want some breakfast and then go
to the place where we had our first date.

"First date? We went so many places on our first date." Mitch says, and flips the card over.

(the second part of the date) see you soon, i love you, baby.
-scotty

"Second part of the first date..." Mitch says to himself, "Scott's balcony? Well, I guess it's our balcony now."

Mitch walks to the fridge to grab his smoothie, and then to the doors that lead to the balcony, that were literally in the same room he woke up in. He opens them.

"Scott?" he asks, but there's no response. One of the chairs has a vase of roses on it, and a note taped to it. He takes the note, and reads it.

remember when we had our first date here? our first kiss here? and many dates after that? you were so nervous on the first date but i still think to this day that you're the most adorable thing. next, meet me at the place we became official. i love you, angel.
-scotty

•••

Mitch walks into the roller skating rink, surprised that it's open this early. He's brought his skates, but he still isn't sure if this is one of the places that he's going to see Scott or not.

"Hey, baby!"

It is.

Mitch smiles as he sees Scott skate towards him, and they both lean on the wall dividing the skate floor and the carpet.

"You know, if you think about it, this isn't the most romantic place for us to have become official." Mitch says.

"Yeah, but it's us. Who cares?" Scott asks, and gives Mitch a quick kiss. He hands Mitch a card. "Don't read it yet, it's for later. But put your skates on, we have the rink to ourselves until 11:45."

"Always going the extra mile, Hoying." Mitch teases, lacing up his skates. This is a rink they frequent, almost feels like a second home to him.

"Tell me you don't love it," Scott teases back.

"I love it." Mitch smiles.