30 days of fluff: work romance

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
I thought this was as good a time as any to make a bodyguard prequel! Read that one first!
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Am I a year late? Sure.

Get ready folks, this is a long one.

"Scott, this is your new bodyguard, Mark."

Scott looks at the man with wide eyes. Mark looks strong. He can see the muscles peeking through the tank top he's wearing.

"Uh, hi." Scott says shyly. "N-nice to meet you."

"What are you nervous for?" Mark asks. "I'm gonna make sure you're kept safe. I heard about some of your crazy fans, and I'm not gonna let them get anywhere near you."

Scott nods, then looks at his tour manager, Mitch.

Mitch smiles. "Told you I got the best of the best, Scotty."

-

the next day

"Hey, Mark?" Mitch asks, a few days later, as Mark is about to help load things on the bus. "Can we chat really quick?"

"Sure," Mark says, puts the box down, and walks over towards Mitch. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to brief you on Scotty. He's as sweet as can be and when he performs you'll see him at his happiest--but he came from a very bad home and when he left them, he was immediately in a toxic relationship. He was physically abused for a good portion of his life, I think that's why he looked at you like he was almost scared of you."

"Poor thing," Mark says. "Well, I assure you I'd never do anything to scare him intentionally."

"Yeah, of course. I think the muscles scared him a bit," Mitch frowns. "Maybe try to get to know him, get comfortable around each other."

"Good idea, Mitch. Thank you."

"I just love Scott more than anything. We've been best friends since we were eight," he smiles, "I'd do anything for him."

"That's really sweet, Mitch."

"You promise you can take good care of him?" Mitch asks. "He was really shaken up by that last interaction a few weeks ago."

"Was that the fan that went onstage and hugged him?"

Mitch nods. "The poor guy. He broke down in tears and we had to get him offstage, end the concert early."

Mark places his hand over his heart. "Oh my god."

"Mitchy?" A voice asks, and Mark and Mitch both look the direction the sound is coming from, and it's Scott, standing at the entrance of the bus.

Scott's eyes widen. "Oh, uh, hi, Mark."

Mark smiles, giving a small wave.

"Uh, Mitchy, do you wanna play Animal Crossing with me, whenever you're done?"

"I never don't want to play Animal Crossing, Scotty."

Scott smiles and giggles. "I'll be in my bunk," he says, before getting back on the bus.

"He's such a sweetheart," Mark says, and Mitch nods.

"I told you. Sweet as can be."

-

two weeks later

Scott looks down at his hands, playing with his fingers as he waits.

"What'cha thinking about?" Mark asks, leaning against the wall.