the parent trap

you know exactly what this is inspired by

-

"Baby, Julia just texted me and asked if we want to go out to that concert. She has extra tickets." Scott says.

"I don't really wanna go out anywhere," Mark admits. "I just wanna have a night in, is that okay?" He asks.

"It's like you read my mind," Scott says, texting Julia back. "I told her we have plans."

"What are our plans?" Mark giggles.

"We could watch a movie, cuddle on the couch, order takeout," Scott suggests. "I just want to be with you, sweetheart."

Mark smiles. "You're so perfect," he says. "I love you."

"I love you too," Scott kisses Mark's forehead. "Shall we get ready for our 'plans'?"

"We shall."

Scott orders chinese food for the both of them, and when it arrives, they have that and a bottle of wine set up. They put a few big blankets on the couch and change into sweatpants and tee shirts.

"What movie should we watch?" Scott asks, taking a bite of his orange chicken.

"Are you eating orange chicken with a fork?"

"Marky, this isn't the first time we've gone through this," Scott giggles. "I am not built for chopsticks."

Mark chuckles at that, looking at Scott fondly. "It's okay. I love you anyway. Uhh, I'm kind of in a disney mood tonight," he clicks a few buttons on the remote, and opens Disney Plus. Soon after, he gasps. "I didn't know The Parent Trap was on here!"

"Never seen it," Scott mumbles, reaching for his container of rice.

"You've what?" Mark asks.

"I've never seen it?" Scott admits, wondering why Mark is so...offended.

"We're watching it. This is one of the, if not the best movies of all time."

"Okay, baby," Scott chuckles. "I believe you. Let's watch it after we eat."

They finish eating, throw the containers away, and each have a glass of wine. Mark leans back on Scott's chest and sips his wine. "This is so nice," He says. "I love you."

"I love you too, sweetheart." Scott kisses Mark's shoulder from behind. "Look, it's starting."

They watch the movie and drink their wine, until....

"Wow, that is quite a handshake," Scott comments.

"I have to teach it to you!" Mark says, giggling after.

"You know this elaborate handshake?"

"This is a cinematic masterpiece. I'll teach it to you another day."

"Okay," Scott chuckles, pulling Mark closer.

Mark puts his empty glass on the coffee table, deciding to lay down on Scott instead, be surrounded by his warmth.

Scott sets his glass on the coffee table, bringing the blankets up so Mark is warm. "I'm gonna shift so I can hold you," he says. He shifts so he's mostly laying down, and Mark rests his head on Scott's chest, lacing his fingers with Scott's.

"Afraid you'll lose me?" Scott jokes, raising their joined hands.

"Mhm." Mark hums, laughing at I have class, and you don't. "Never wanna lose you."

Another hour passes and Mark is having trouble staying awake.

Scott kisses Mark's hair, and Mark opens his eyes for a moment.

"This is perfect," Mark says. "Watching my favorite movie, in your arms. I couldn't have asked for a better night, Scotty. Thank you."

"Thank you, Marky, for a perfect night." Scott says.

They both drift off quickly after that, but just as Scott is about to fall asleep, he hears the song that's playing.

this will be

an everlasting love

this will be

the one i've waited for

this will be

the first time anyone has loved me

Scott can't help but smile a bit. That's exactly how he feels.