wake up (scomark)

It's the first day of Scott's new job.

Mark pouts when he feels Scott get out of bed. He's accustomed to sleeping in every day with his boyfriend and he's not sure he likes where this pattern is going.

"Come back to bed," Mark whines, not sure if Scott can even hear him.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," Scott kneels beside the bed, "It's my first day. I can't be late."

"Start tomorrow," Mark whines, and Scott chuckles.

"I'll see you at 4:00, okay, sweetheart?" Scott asks, and then kisses Mark's forehead. "Go back to sleep, baby."

"I love you," Mark mumbles, and Scott thinks that sleepy Mark might just be the cutest thing in the entire world.

"I love you too," Scott says to him, and then goes to get ready.

This ends up being a common occurrence. Scott wakes up early, Mark gets pouty, Scott kisses him and wants to melt at how adorable Mark is when he's sleepy, and goes on to get ready.

Sometimes, if Mark can't fall back asleep, he'll talk to Scott while he gets ready. He always likes seeing him get all dressed up and handsome for work, anyways, so it's not all bad.

Scott has to admit, it's really hard to leave the room when Mark wants him to stay so badly.

Scott's alarm goes off.

He really doesn't want to go today. Not with Mark's arms around him like this and not with the way it's raining outside.

He has to, though.

He starts to get out of bed and Mark's arms tighten around him. "Don't go," and he can hear Mark's pout.

"I have to, sweetheart."

Mark squeezes Scott tighter. "Please? Just today," he says, and pauses for a moment. "It's raining."

Scott chuckles at Mark's sleepy argument. "I can't just skip today for no reason, babe."

Mark finally lets Scott go, and tosses and turns in the bed, piling more blankets on him as he tries to fall back asleep.

He can't help the big grin that appears when he feels Scott climb back into bed.

"Baby," Mark mumbles, "What are you doing here?"

"Just today," Scott says, kissing Mark's lips gently.

Mark giggles and buries himself in Scott's embrace. "I love you."

"I love you."