late nights (scomiche)

the boys can't sleep due to excitement

~

"baby?" he says. i run my fingers through his hair to let him know i'm awake.

he turns over so that he's facing me. "can't sleep."

"me either, sweetheart." i say, "can't stop thinking about what happened."

"you can't stop thinking about it? imagine me!" mitch giggles, and i swear my heart melts into a puddle.

"can i see it?" i ask, and mitch takes it out of his bedside table drawer. the ring that i had kept a secret for so long is finally on his hand, and i've never been happier.

"it's beautiful," he says, and he kisses my chest softly.

"beautiful ring for an even more beautiful boy. you deserve the best, mitchy."

"baby," mitch buries his head in my chest, and i can't help but chuckle at his cuteness.

"i'm so happy you said yes," i say.

"i'd be stupid not to," he looks me in the eyes again, "i love you, scotty."

"i love you so much more, honey," i say, "i had that ring for 6 months trying to figure out when the best time to propose was."

"always so elaborate," mitch says, planting another soft kiss to my chest.

"excuse me for wanting to give you a nice proposal," i scoff, and he laughs again, and my heart melts again.

"my sweet boy," mitch says, snuggling into me, "i love you. i can't wait to marry you."