mornings

The first thing Scott registers when he wakes up is cold.

He feels the side of the bed where his fiancé would normally be sleeping—he's not there.

Scott pouts and bunches more blankets around him. "Baby?" He calls.

Moments later, Mark walks in, two Starbucks cups of coffee in his hands. "Hey, angel." He smiles sweetly.

Scott immediately smiles back. "Hi," he says. "I woke up and you weren't here."

Mark leans down to kiss Scott as he passes him his coffee. "Sorry, Scotty. It was 10:30 and you just looked so peaceful, I thought if I made a Starbucks run and came back, you wouldn't notice."

"10:30?" He grabs his phone to check the time.

10:57

"You could have woken me," Scott says softly.

Mark chuckles, leaning in to kiss Scott once more, now that he's back in bed. He takes one look at the sleep lines on Scott's face, his still-sleepy eyes and his messy hair before saying, "You still look pretty tired, angel."

Scott laughs. "Shut up." He takes a sip of his drink. "Thank you, baby." He takes one more sip and puts the drink on his nightstand for now, deciding he wants to cuddle with Mark.

"Love you," Mark says, once they're settled.

"Luh ya too," Scott says, half muffled in Mark's shirt.

Mark giggles, and Scott shifts to kiss the closest thing he can reach, Mark's collarbone.

"Y'smell nice," Scott says, burying himself further into Mark.

"You're so cuddly today, baby," Mark giggles.

"Woke up and you weren't here," Scott whines.

"I won't do it again, I promise." Mark sits up, so Scott's head is resting in his lap, and grabs his phone. He gasps. "Oh my god!"

"Mm?" Scott hums.

"Baby, the wedding invitations were made! Wanna see them?"

Scott smiles, looking up at Mark, and sits up quickly. "Yeah!" He says, excited.

Mark opens the email on his phone, and there it is.

"Mark and Scott, together with their families, request the pleasure of your company as they celebrate their wedding," Mark reads out loud, grinning from ear to ear.

"Oh my god," Scott says, looking at the invitation. "It's so pretty! You were right to just let her design it for what she thinks suits us, Marky."

Mark reads the rest of the email. "She's shipped them to us already," he says. "And then we can send them out to people."

Scott settles an arm around Mark's waist. "It's becoming more and more real every day," he says. "I can't wait to marry you. I love you."

"I love you too," Mark says. "I can't wait to have your last name."

"We should take a picture," Scott says, pulling out his phone. "Lay down with me, sweetheart."

They both lay down, and Mark is just smiley, giggly.

"Baby," Scott chuckles. "You're so cute."

"I'm just really excited," Mark admits. "I just, I love you, and we're getting married, and the invitations are on their way, and I'm just happy."

Scott positions his phone so they're both in frame. Mark is still giggly and that makes him giggly as well. "Marky, I'm trying to take a picture!"

"Here," Mark says, leaning in to kiss Scott's cheek. Scott blushes, smiles big, and takes the picture.

"Now I wanna kiss you," Scott says.

"Okay, angel."

This time Scott leans in, kisses Mark's cheek. Mark has a cute blush and a cute smile, and Scott takes the picture.

"Send that to me," Mark says after seeing it.

Scott posts the one of Mark kissing his cheek.

good morning from me and my love. ☀️ 🤍

Mark posts the one of Scott kissing his cheek.

happy happy happy ☺️🤍