long distance (scomark)

this is taking place at a college performing arts center

Mark eagerly takes a seat in the audience. "Did I miss it?" He asks.

"Nope, you're just in time. Your boy is up next." Mitch says. "He has no idea you're here."

Mark smiles. "I'm glad I can surprise him. By the way, we've never formally met. I'm Mark."

"I'm Mitch." Mitch shakes Mark's hand. "Scott loves you. Like, really loves you. He was so excited when he met you in person for the first time a few months ago and I'm really happy you're in his life. He's going to be so happy you're here."

Mark smiles. "Then the 7 hour plane ride was worth it," he says.

"Shh, here he goes!" Mitch says, as the lights dim.

Scott walks on the stage and the audience claps for him.

"Hi, my name is Scott Hoying, I'm 22, and I will be performing Freeze Your Brain from Heathers the Musical."

Scott sings, and the audience is transfixed. Despite the context of the song, Mark is smiling from ear to ear.

Scott finishes, and three more people go on before the cabaret ends.

Everyone heads to the lobby, and Mitch tells Mark to wait a minute before finding Scott.

Mark waits patiently, and then he sees Mitch wave him over.

Mark sneaks up on him, wrapping his arms around Scott's waist from behind. "You sounded great, honey."

Scott stiffens, then realizes who it is. "Marky?"

"Hi, sweetheart," Mark giggles, and Scott hugs him.

"Hi, baby," Scott holds him tight. "You came all this way to see me?"

"Why else would I be here?" Mark asks.

"I missed you so much," Scott says.

"Alright, lovebirds," Mitch says, holding his phone up, "Picture time."

Scott wraps an arm around Mark's waist, and they smile for the photo.

Mitch snaps one of them, but then,"Oh, come on! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" He chants, and Mark laughs.

Scott leans in and presses his lips to Mark's, and Mitch takes some pictures of them.

"Yeah, there you go," Mitch says, and Mark and Scott pull apart.

"So, how long did you know?" Scott asks Mitch.

"Uhh, a month, maybe?" Mitch says. "Does that sound right, Mark?"

"I think so," Mark says. "Oh my gosh! I totally ordered flowers for you and never picked them up."

Scott chuckles. "I don't need flowers, honey. I have you."

Mark wraps his arms around Scott, and Scott just holds him close again. He wants to savor every moment that he has with Mark in person.

"Okay, Scott. You have fun with your boy. Be responsible. Call me tomorrow, okay?"

"Sure. Thanks for everything, Mitch."

Mitch leaves, and Mark sighs contentedly.

"What, baby?" Scott laughs.

"I've been dreaming of this day for six months." Mark says. "Since the last time you held me."

"I'm here now, angel," Scott runs his thumb along Mark's cheek. "How long are you in town for?"

Mark smiles. "Three weeks."

Scott smiles wider. "Oh, my love, you make me so happy. Thank you for being here. Seriously. I love you so much."

"I love you too." Mark leans up for a quick kiss. "Now, how about we go get some dinner to celebrate your performance? My treat."

"That sounds great, but only if it's my treat. You've made it all this way. Let me do something for you." He kisses Mark's forehead.

"We'll decide on that when we get there," Mark says.

Scott is laying in bed and Mark is changing out of the shirt he wore on the plane all day into a comfy t shirt.

"Baby?" Scott asks, as Mark is looking for his other shirt.

"Yeah?" Mark asks, takes one look at Scott, and smiles. "You like what you see?" He asks.

"Mhm," Scott says. "Just wanted to look a little longer."

Mark rolls his eyes and throws on a shirt. "Okay, where am I sleeping?" He asks.

"Come sleep in my bed with me," Scott says, and Mark climbs into bed with him.

"Three whole weeks?" Scott asks, and Mark nods. Scott smiles, and Mark cuddles close.

"Goodnight, my love." Scott says. "I'm happy you're here."

"Goodnight, baby," Mark says.