Chapter 18 - Forest of Trouble

Glynne woke up feeling a bit displeased. The scene from a few days ago was still fresh in his mind. He may be in favor of disposing all the zombies but the way they did it was something that bothers him.

The ceremony was not necessary at all. They say it was needed order to purify their souls but the way he see it, they were only giving all the burden to Sakura. Not to mention, the unnecessary grudges the miko might get subjected to. At least, she should have shared it with him.

The boy shook his head, thinking about it now will not help. What is done is done. Glynne got up while scratching his head while letting out a huge sigh. Thinking about negative stuffs early in the morning is not the best start for a day.

His eyes then begun to wander around the place. No matter how much he see it, he would never get that familiar with the old traditional Japanese aesthetic of the room they are currently staying. That said, he needed to get used to such designs as he will seeing a lot of it for an indefinite period of time. They are sent back to the past after all.

"Mnnn..." Someone groaned by his side as Glynne turned his head to see Theresa still sleeping. Her hair is a messed, her yukata are disheveled yet miraculously not showing anything lewd, and her sleeping position was all over the place. The boy chuckled at how carefree his lord looks. He grabbed her blanket and cover her with it. At least with this, she won't catch a cold. He watched her face contorted for a little bit before getting comfortable again.

His thoughts shifted to the girls back at the future. He wonders if they are alright. Are they perhaps looking for them now? Just how much time has passed since they disappeared? These questions, Glynne has no way to get there answers. Kiana's loud mouth, Mei's cooking, Bronya's clinginess, training with Fu Hua, and the tiresome antics of Himeko; he is beginning to miss them.

Glynne swallowed all these feeling inside him. He has no choice but to solve the mystery that was in front of him. How did they get here? Who sent them here? And lastly, for what purpose for them getting sent back to the past? The boy has a gut feeling it has something to do with the whisper he heard back at the festival. However, no matter how much he recall about it, he can't make out most of the words.

The information he has is still little, he needed to gather more. Standing up and fixing his clothes, he has decided what to do for the day.

@@@@@@@

"Good morning Glynne, you've woken up earlier than usual." A white haired woman greeted the boy as he got out of the house. He noticed her sitting on the wooden veranda drinking a hot tea.

"Yeah, all thanks to a certain someone rolling in her sleep." Glynne answered in an annoyed tone while rubbing his head. He sat down beside her as he was trying to put on his boots. As he do so, he took a quick glance at the woman and noticed her pale skin. "By the way, are you feeling alright now, Miss Kallen?"

"Yes, thanks for asking." Kallen replied and sip her tea. She moved her sight over the horizon as the wide view of the forest of green and pink spread below.

"Is that so..." Glynne muttered. He learned about Kallen condition the day after they met. Sakura told them that she found her a few weeks ago laying on the river bank while bleeding heavily. The miko was able to administer proper treatment on time and the wound was able to close. However, she lose a huge amount of blood as such she is currently weakened and needed to rest.

"Oh, are you going to train now?" Kallen asked when the boy got up and stretches his limbs.

"Yep, gotta need to warm my body up to not get rusty." Glynne replied while cracking his neck. "Anyways, I'll be back in an hour or so."