Chapter 31 - Village Meeting

Under the shade of the night, Glynne is hiding among the branches of a tree as he observes the village at a distance. Even though it is dark, the young man could see through with the help of his wolf mask. The mask that Bronya gifted to him as thanks for the Homu strap.

That said, the mask isn't just any ordinary masks that they sell on festivals. The mask is equip with night vision, that allows on to see in darkness; magnification, to be able to see from a few kilometers ahead; and thermal imaging to help with the search any living things.

Glynne could only scratch his head when he first learned of this. Obviously, Bronya has gone a bit overboard with her gift. However, Glynne can't complain now since it proved to be useful for him.

Especially now that he is on a stealth mission to infiltrate the village at night.

It has been almost a week since they befriended the village's children. Every day, they spent their afternoon playing and talking to them... though, it was mostly Theresa.

Anyways, their operation was successful. They were able to overhear the children that the adults seems to be acting weird as of late.

That is when Glynne and Theresa knew that it is only a matter of time before the restless villagers might held a meeting on what to do. Ever since then, Glynne has been on a lookout.

As the night deepens, Glynne was not able to see anything unusual for today. The young man was about to retire for tonight but stop when he noticed movement by the corner of his eyes.

"Finally..." Glynne signed in relief as the waiting game is over. He silently jump down on the trees and quickly infiltrated the village.

@@@@@@@@@@

"This must not continue on! The number of those monsters inside the forest is increasing by the day. We must need to do something!" Shouted by one of the men at the start of the meeting. His statement has gain the approval of the majority.

"You need to calm down." Said by a man who looks like the head of the village. "I know every one of you is feeling restless right now."

"Then what do we need to do Milord?" One of the villagers asked.

"I say that we need to form a subjugation party to kill those bastards!" A hot-blooded villager answered.

"...And what, get immediately killed by them?" the man by hot-blooded villager's side retorted. "You should already know what those pale monsters are capable of. One swipe and they could cut you in two. Even if you survive, it is only a matter of time until you become one of them."

There is no one who could counter the man's argument as they all agree at what he said. The place became noisy as each villager begun to anxiously chatter to each other at what to do.

The hot-blooded man who adjusted the subjugation of the monsters could only clench his fist in frustration. He knows... he is aware of how weak he is against those monsters. He wanted to avenge his family who got killed by the raid a week ago and yet he can't do anything.

In his growing frustration, his eyes darted to the lone pink haired shrine who is just silently sitting on the corner.

"You..." the hot-blooded man growled as he stood up and charge over to her. However, before he could reach her, the others were able to hold him back. "You, this is all your fault! If you didn't mess with the ritual four years ago, this mess wouldn't happen!"

"What are you talking about?" Sakura questioned as she glared at the man. "The fact that the village experienced peace for the past four years was because the ritual was a success. Please do not threw baseless accusations."