Chapter 10 - Massage

"Ah, I thought I'm gonna die..." Glynne muttered while putting an ice bag over his forehead. His throat felt like it was burning, his eyes are still stinging, and he felt like his whole body is lethargic. Bronya is by his side, fanning him to help make him a bit comfortable.

Kiana's idea of training was that people will learn anything necessary to survive. As such, Glynne was tossed to the deep side of the pool as he desperately tried to learn to swim in order to survive. Of course, when there are signs of him drowning, Project BUNNY will scope him out in the last seconds. After giving him some time to rest, he would be then flung by Kiana again.

It was pretty illogical as this is not to be attempted at all cost. However, Kiana's way of things are still on the milder side compared to her father.

"Oh c'mon, I'm sorry alright." Kiana grumbled as she put a glass of water in front of the boy. "At least you can swim now."

"Yeah yeah, I guess I should give you my thanks on that." Glynne said in a monotone voice and pick up the drink. Like he said, Kiana's swimming lesson was surprisingly effective as he was now at least decent swimmer, well if doing a doggy paddle is considered swimming. The boy could only let out a huge sigh, seems like training under Siegfried has engrave something in his body that he was able to learn something quick whenever he was in danger.

Glynne noticed his phone lit up on the table beside him. He pick it up and a smiled once he realizes it was a message from the twins. As if he forgot his body aching all over, he was quick to operate his phone and sent a reply.

"What are you grinning about all of a sudden?" Kiana questioned and narrowed her eyes in suspicion. She tried to peek at his screen but Glynne was quick enough to be able to hide it. She pouted and tried to grab his phone but the boy is pushing her away with his one hand while the other is keeping it far from her reach.

"Do you know about the word 'privacy'?" Glynne complained, not amuse at her actions.

"Eh, but I'm curious..." Kiana crossed her arms and sat down on the chair adjacent to him. "Then at least give me a clue."

"Oh, are you perhaps jealous?" Glynne was intrigue and didn't pass this moment to tease her. He leaned closer and noticed her face quickly flushed in red.

"I-idiot, why would I get jealous?!" Kiana was flustered and pick up a sofa pillow and throw it at his face. Glynne just casually catch it and showed a smirk. He chuckled as he was satisfied in paying her back with the absurd training.

Glynne leaned on the chair again and put the ice bag on his head. "Well, you shouldn't worry. They are just my past acquaintances that I manage to reunite today."

"Past acquaintances?" Bronya tilted her head. Being someone who knows his past, she knows that they are only a few that Glynne got along with. It quickly come to her mind about the company that he was frequently sent to but she ruled it out as it was impossible for them to be here.

"Yeah, in fact you should be very familiar with them too." Glynne pointed out and pat Bronya's head. However, it only confuses her as question marks begin to show up above her. The boy chuckled at her reaction. "It's the twins."

Glynne expected her to be surprise, it did happen as Bronya open her eyes wide but he didn't expect to be suddenly grab on the shoulders and hop on his stomach. "Did they tell you anything about Bronya?"

With her impassive voice, it hard to tell her emotions but Glynne could feel the pressure emanating from Bronya. He smiled wryly thinking that maybe there is something embarrassing that happened in the past that she doesn't what him to know. "There none that I could think off."