Chapter 42 (End) - Allegiance

"Mnn..." Glynne groaned as his eyes fluttered open. He hold his head as it felt like it is getting hit repeatedly by a hammer. He tried rubbing his forehead in order to elevate the pain. He got up, slowly turning his head around to look around the room as he noticed was in what looks like a hospital room.

Because he was still half-asleep, he failed to notice something was off.

It was only when he heard the door opening and saw the one entering that he began recalling the events after he became unconscious.

"Theres- Gahak!"

Before he could call out her name, the air in his lungs got knocked out when Theresa abruptly jumped towards him.

"You big idiot... Don't you know how worried I was?! You were out for three days you know... You really.., really a big dumb idiot..." Theresa continued to complain as she repeatedly hit the boy on his chest.

"T-Theresa..." Glynne recovered as he stared at the small lady in front of him. His expression softened, despite the constant pain he was feeling, as his arms slowly move arounds her. Theresa was surprised by his action but was not against it as she slowly calm down and rest her head on his chest. "I should be the one saying that to you. I'm glad you're okay."

"Uuuu..." Theresa groaned as she is fully aware of what she had done. Glynne became someone who is important to her as such she was not able to hold back her emotions when she saw him get injured badly, leading to her being taken advantage off by the Herrscher of Corruption. Even today, she is still reflecting on it.

"Kuhum..." Their celebration however, got cut short as they heard someone clearing their throat and immediately separated away from each other. Their face were undoubtedly red as they are quite embarrassed by the situation.

"Ara~ to think that Miss Theresa and Glynne are this close with each other." A woman with a short grey hair wearing a maid dress commented while putting her hand over her mouth, acting surprised. However, it is clear to see that she was quite amused by what she discovered. "Am I right Miss Durandal?"

"What are you trying to insinuate, Rita?" a blonde woman dressed in what looks like a military officer uniform responded while crossing her arms.

"Bianka? Rita? What are you doing here?" Glynne asked in confusion as he did not expect to see the two of them.

"We were deployed here when the Schicksal headquarters got a reinforcement request from Hyperion about a Herrscher invasion." Rita answered as she moves her eyes towards the blonde lady. "However, this is quite a special case as members of the Immortal Blades are not supposed to be deployed unless the situation is dire. This is thanks to a certain someone getting worried."

"Please do not say anything unnecessary, Rita." Durandal rebuked as her cheeks has a tinge of red.

"My apologies, Miss Durandal." Rita bow her head to apologize but the maid does not seem to be sincere about it. "Going back into the topic at hand, as we are about to reach Soukai City, the signature of the Herrscher suddenly vanish. A Herrscher have never been subjugated this fast before so we decided to stay to investigate."

"Is that so..." Glynne responded and hung his down as he began to mull over about something. "So, how's the investigation going?"

Unfortunately, we immediately found ourselves in a deadlock." Rita replied and shook her head. "Every devices near the city, including the Hyperion, mysteriously suffered an error causing any data about what happened during the incident unable to be accessed. Our only source of information is from eyewitnesses."

"As a result, the situation leads us here." Durandal said, turning serious as she looks the young man. "Multiple reports said black mist scattered around the city. They said that upon making contact with the honkai beast, they show signs of weakening as if power is getting drained from them."