Chapter 41 - Fenrir

Rosaliya and Liliya both collapsed on Glynne's chest, weak from their honkai energy being nearly depleted. The young man stood up and leaned the twins on a nearby wall as he observed them breathing softly.

"Glynne..." Liliya look at him with half opened eyes, making her fail to notice the young man's different eye color.

The young man smiled softly as he patted her head. "Thank you."

Liliya smiled and she leaned her head on Rosaliya's shoulder as she close her eyes to take a quick nap.

Fenrir knows how much Glynne cherish the two of them, as such he make sure to stopped absorbing honkai energy from them at the certain point in order to not cause any imbalance on their body.

Still, it is not enough. He looked down and touched the place where he got stabbed. He immediately winched in pain as it has not healed up yet.

"Tsk, it really did a number on you..." Fenrir muttered.

He is not a benevolent fellow. As the saying goes, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. That said, this is not really his real reason of wanting to face the Herrscher. It was more of an excuse for him to be motivated for a bit.

But first things first, he need to find a way to recover first.

Glynne's natural healing ability has been modified to be able to be boosted by honkai energy. Obviously, the more honkai energy he got, the quicker his wounds heal. That said, the efficiency is just plain garbage.

The energy he got from the twins are not even enough to close the wound.

But well, with the ongoing honkai invasion, it is only a matter of absorbing a couple of honkai beast until he would have enough to heal up his wounds... However, that is not that simple.

As he was thinking of his next move, an Archangel Honkai beast dropped down from above. However, the young man did not pay much attention to it and just wave his hand.

The honkai beast begun to lose it physical form and quickly turned into light particles that surround the young man for a bit before entering his body.

However, Fenrir immediately frowned upon absorbing the honkai energy.

"Disgusting..." he muttered as he spits before wiping his mouth with his arm.

The energy from honkai beast have high impurities on them. For Fenrir, this is equivalent to eating dirt. That said, the taste is not only the problem.

One might compare this to a car. Although low quality fuel could start it up and running, it will show degradation of performance. Not to mention, prologue usage will damage the engine. This will lead to constant maintenance in which case, Fenrir does not really like as it is another added work.

Luckily enough there are other sources of energy nearby. One is Ki energy, something that Fu Hua has abundant off. For Fenrir, her energy has quite the exquisite taste. Not only that, consuming it will have the added effect of strengthening Glynne's body. But he did not need it at the moment. As stated earlier, honkai energy is the one needed to boost Glynne's regenerative abilities. Surely, Ki could also help with recovering the wounds but it could only do so much.

With Ki out of the way, there is only one possible source of high quality energy...

"I need Herrscher energy huh." Fenrir muttered as his red eyes lit up. He cannot help but get excited a bit. A Herrscher energy can be quite a delicacy after all.

With a goal in mind, Fenrir stood up as he covered himself in black fog and left the place.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@