Chapter 35 - Herrscher of Corruption

Glynne ran with his all, circulating both Ki and honkai energy towards his legs, he gained an explosive boost enough to break the sound barrier. However, even with that speed, he was too late. When he arrived at the village, the whole place was in total chaos.

"Oh, quite a quick one, aren't you?" In the middle of that chaos was a huge fox covered in a sinister red aura. From the looks of it, it was for the boy's arrival as it gloom its pinkish fur in order to removed the blood that has stuck on it while killing the humans.

Glynne widened his eyes, not because of the fox deity being possessed, but because of the bloody corpse lying under it.

"...Sa..ku..ra" Glynne muttered her name in total shock. Clenching his fist, a dark feeling is welling up inside his chest as he glared at the Herrscher. "Y-You... YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!!"

Glynne immediately charges in and manifested his weapon. But before he could pull it out, he was smacked away the the Herrscher's tail and crashed into a nearby stone wall.

And yet, he quickly stood up. The wounds on his body is being slowly healed up by his boosted regeneration.

There is one thing on his mind right now, and that is kill the Herrscher in front of him. With his mind being clouded by rage, he is no longer thinking straight.

He doesn't care anymore. He gained control of the dense honkai energy around him as he begun absorbing it into his body.

He need to grow stronger, enough to be able to deal with the opponent in front of him.

"Oh, that's an interesting ability you got there, human boy." The Herrscher said with an amused tone. "Then I guess I will also show off a bit."

Multiple fireballs then manifested on top of Herrscher. Glynne immediately move out as a fireball explode on his former location.

Although, the balls of fire was made of condensed honkai energy, it does not mean Glynne could easily absorb it. He may be able to cancel out the attack upon impact, he don't have any resistances against high temperatures. As one would expect, he would suffer a nasty burn when hit.

Glynne weaved through the multiple fireballs coming in his way as he tries to approached the Herrscher. But the closer he gets, the frequency of the fireballs being shot at him become more intense.

Soon after, he reach his limits as a fireball has grazed his arm. He winched in pain but that does not stop him from going forward.

After he had already gathered enough honkai energy, black smoke ooze from his body as he covered himself with it, acting as some sort of a protective shell.

The fireballs that he was dodging earlier, he is now facing them head-on. The black smoke that he created were nullifying the attacks before it could get to him.

"Oh" the Herrscher let out an amused sound as it stood up to prepare to intercept him.

Glynne noticed some embers going out from the corner of its mouth. He hastily jumps out of the way as a huge red laser beam barely hit him. He reflexively look back to see it continues on as it melts everything on its path.

"Where are you looking, human?" Glynne heard a voice behind him. The Herrscher brought down its claw in order to crush him but the boy barely manage to get out of the way.

As Glynne regained his stance, his blade begun to glow as honkai energy gathers on his blade. With a low shaky voice, he muttered the key words to activate his battle suit's burst mode.

"Phantom Strike"

Phantom Strike, the ultimate skill of the battle suit in which manifest two blade made out of pure energy on both side of the physical weapon. The energy blades deal less damage compared to the original weapon but to be able to deal three strikes in a single swing is already awesome by itself... At least that is what the manual said.