Chapter 9 - Swimming Lessons

"Oh, you don't look bad on it like a thought!" Kiana let out an impressed voice as everyone seems to agree with her.

As soon as the boy got out of the changing room, the girls begun checking him in every angle. It cannot be help, the boy doesn't dress that often in tightfitting clothes. The only time they remember him wearing some was when he is on a training battle suit, but because it is padded in some places it didn't really show much.

His swimwear properly showcase his lean physique. Only building necessary muscles to maintain balance of flexibility and strength, this perfectly shows his preferred fighting style. He may taking the role as a sniper but his true skills lies on dealing powerful blows in quick succession on a close quarter combat.

"Uhm, are you all done now?" Glynne is getting a bit uncomfortable with the attention he is getting as he scratched his chin with his index finger. This made the girls realized what they are doing and quickly took a step back. They each gave their honest apologies with what happened. That said, he failed to notice a certain someone turning red a bit in embarrassment.

"Anyways, should we continue with our lesson?" Mei cleared her throat from the still awkward atmosphere and asked. Glynne nodded in response as both of them entered the pool with the others watching on the side.

"Go Glynne! You can do it!" Kiana yelled while waving one of her arms.

"Mn, Bronya believe in Glynne." Bronya also cheered while pumping her fist.

That said, Glynne could only respond in a bitter smile. He knows that they are just voicing their support but it just add some pressure on him. Shaking his mind of the negative thoughts, he once again face his swimming teacher, Mei.

"Alright, like I said earlier you should first learn how to float on top of the water. After all, it is one of the main reason why we learn swimming." Mei said as the boy nodded his head. "That said, since we are practicing this for survival situations, I guess you should how to float using your back. This is very useful when you got tired swimming and wanted to rest for a while. It is also helpful in buying some time when your leg cramps while you call for help."

Glynne was a beginner and he don't really know what the girl implies when she said to float using the back and how to do it properly. He took mental notes as he nods to everything she is explaining to him. With the brief explanation over, Mei offered to do a demonstration.

"Make sure to pay attention okay." Mei advises and raises a finger. She lay down on her back and made sure she is floating on the surface of the water. To help maintain her position, she is slowly moving her hands while her feet are softly paddling to not disturb the water too much to splash on her face.

Glynne was paying attention alright. However, his eyes keep darting towards her chest area. He thought that he already gained some resistance by living with girls, especially with Himeko, for quite a long time but he can't seem to win over his natural instincts. It cannot be help as compared to casual wear, swimsuits have that certain "oomph" power or something along those lines.

"Gah!" Glynne was surprised when water was splashed on his face. He quickly look around for the culprit but he soon felt his spine shiver. He noticed the girls who was cheering him a while ago now glaring at him while on their hands are toy guns.

"Where do you think you're watching?" Kiana asked in a cold voice with Bronya pumping her gun on the back. Strangely, this is one of the rare times they agree with each other. The boy gulped in fear, his mentor was right about girls being scarier than being on a battlefield.

"Glynne, are you paying attention?"

"Y-yes!"

Glynne was straightened his back when he heard Mei call out his name. She furrowed her eyebrows at his weird antics but decided not to pursue as she is still in the middle of teaching him. "Anyways, it's your turn."