Chapter 34 - Operation Start

Exhausted and feeling weak, a woman continues to run through the forest. She must not stop, in order to save her daughters, she need to hurry.
It was dark, as such she constantly got trip by the uneven terrain of the forest. Her clothes were cut by the tree branches, her body were covered by bruises and dirt. Still she did not stop.
It was not long until she caught a glimpse of her destination. The large red torii gate stood tall among the trees.

She felt joy, one last spurt she could finally call for help. She continued to run, however she soon find her legs beginning to weaken.

"No... I-I ca..." She tried to fight it but it seems like her body has reach its limits. Tears begun to fall from her eyes, she was already close to her goal and yet she don't have any strength left to move forwards.

She could only try to reach her hand outwards... Towards the direction of the shrine... "Please... Help..."

Muttering her wish, her body finally gave up as she fall to the ground.

However, there was no sound of a body hitting the hard ground. Right after the woman lose her consciousness, she was caught by a young man with a wolf mask.

Slowly, the young man lay the unconscious woman ground as he apologizes in a low voice. With this, Kallen would not get alerted by the ceremony.

He then look towards the direction where she came from... The direction where the village located. The operation has now started.

@@@@@@@@@

As the plaza is lit up by multiple torces, it was not hard for Glynne to find to locate the ceremony. The villagers are present on the sidelines as they came to witness the ceremony to begin.
The sound of drum echoed throughout the village. The gate to the lord's castle was opened as people in black ceremonial robe came out. In the middle was an old man carrying a sleeping child on his arms.

"Ruri..." Glynne had identified his target. It is the one of that girls who first introduced themselves to Theresa.

Still, it was too early to intervene. Glynne blended into the treetops as he continues to watch the ceremony.

The girl was then laid in the center of the plaza, where the altar was located. The chimes of bells resounded as it seems the ceremony is going into its next stage.

An elder move next to the altar, reciting in what sort of like a prayer. For Glynne, it seems like a bunch of gibberish so he decided not to pay much attention. 

He only watch as the villagers followed to the words of the old man and also begun to recite the prayers. As the prayers was finished, the bells rang once more. 

"That..." Glynne widened his eyes. He felt the hairs on his body standing up as he stares at the person coming out of the gate.

A woman clad in black priestess outfit, her face was obscured by a white fox mask. At a distance, she does not look anything unusual. However, Glynne could feel the enormous energy enveloping her.

He can't be mistaken, that woman must have encountered the entity that escaped the black box.

A cold sweat run from the young man's forehead. His weapon was making a clanking sound as his hands could not stop shaking.

Glynne took a deep breathe. Right now, his priorities is not to fight the woman but to rescue the little girl.

He calm himself down. He can't afford to mess this up.

As he judge the ceremony was about to reach it climax, he blended to the shadows and started to move.

@@@@@@@@@