Chapter 24 - Golden Chains

A huge beam of light appeared form the skies. Glynne paused for a second and look at the direction where the light has hit. He suddenly have a bad premonition as he could feel a rapid rise of honkai energy.

"Tsk!" However, Glynne has no time to worry about it as he is currently facing against the Emperor Honkai beast.

He deflect one of the flying blades going towards him and kick the nearby pebble to counter. Of course, it just bounced off the orange membrane that was covering the honkai beast.

"That is really annoying..." Glynne complained. With his attacks, it is taking a while for the shield to get saturated.

He jump back to gain some distance. The honkai beast did not want to give him that chance and sent over its blades towards him again.

Glynne heave out a sign and effortlessly dodge the blades. He has grown accustomed to its attack patterns.

"Tsk, what should I do..?" His attacks are ineffective but the honkai beast cannot hit him. Their battle has come to a standstill. Glynne tries to think of anything to get out of this deadlock. He has one last trick of his sleeve but it was not ready yet.

As he was having this dilemma, Glynne felt another surge of honkai. However, it felt different this time. His eyes are getting unfocused, he breath become ragged, and his hands start to tremble.

As someone who was sensitive to honkai energy, his heart felt like it was being gripped. The second surge was not an amount that is normal for a simple honkai raid.

The Emperor Honkai beast took this opportunity and send its blades once again. However, it did not cut the boy like it has expected. It was the opposite, Glynne has cut every blades into two.

He raised his head as his eyes let out a reddish glint. The honkai energy in the surrounding become thick. Due to the ability of his stigmata, it begun to passively absorb the huge amounts of honkai energy. This, in return, raise his overall combat ability.

Glynne step forward... or what it looks like it. The next thing the Emperor Honkai beast noticed was that the boy is already in front of it. His sword was clad in a thick black honkai energy.

"YaaaH!" He shouted and slashed his sword diagonally. It slice through its barrier then through its armor like a hot knife on a butter. The honkai beast was cut in two.

"Milady!" Glynne called out to his ally. From his tone, it seems like he had something urgent to say.

"Go!" However, Theresa did not try to hear him and just issued a command. She did not need to as she knows what is inside the boy's mind right now. "I'll stay behind and hold back the horde!"

Glynne did not question her and just nodded. If Theresa knows a lot about him, it is to say that the same also applies to the opposite. Although it has been quite a long time since they last fought together on another battlefield, they felt like nothing has change.

"I'm going!" Glynne said before quickly disappearing.

"Be careful..." Theresa whispers to the wind and prays for the boy's safety. Her eye lit up and face the horde of honkai beast. She held her hand up to the skies and brought it down. The forest was soon rained down by countless golden spears.

@@@@@@@@@

Glynne's combat ability is heavily dependent on the amount of honkai energy on the surroundings. The more abundant it is, the stronger he gets. Because of the two explosion of honkai energy, the place become overflowing of such energy.

However, that does not mean it is a good thing. As mentioned earlier, this is not a normal amount. He felt something similar like this in the past before. Glynne wanted to deny it but he can't deny the truth that right in front of his face.