Chapter 2 - Detour

Glynne's team was the first team to drop out of the game. Although the boy is an expert in handling firearms, he was not that familiar with the water gun as he was having a hard time calculating the range and the water inside its tank. Before he was able to get proficient enough, he was already soaking wet.

Bronya wasn't in an advantage either. She may have a cannon that launches a huge amount of water, but the simple fact that she cannot move much while firing made her into an easy target. It wasn't long in the game before she also raised a white flag.

That said, a defeat is still a defeat. Though it wasn't agreed on at the beginning, whenever the Principal is involve there would always be a penalty to those who got out first. Her reason? It is simply to spice things up or that it would leave a message to make sure to try their best next time.

"Are we really going to buy all this?" Glynne asked in a reluctant tone as he waved the piece of paper, where list of things he and Bronya would buy were written. He just took a quick glance but the amount seems to be too much for seven people to eat.

"Well, we have Kiana and you." Theresa pointed out.

"Fair enough." Glynne quickly agrees as he shrugged his shoulders. It is to say, they are quite a big eater. Looking at the list again, he understood that the amount was just right.

"Don't worry, Glynne." Bronya approaches his side and held his hand. "If we can't carry any more shopping bags, we still have Project BUNNY to help us."

"Huh, neat." Glynne simply replied as it didn't come to his mind that a weapon made for mass destruction could also be used for convenience in daily chores. It seems ironic but one got to need to use everything at their disposal.

Having no more complains, Glynne was dragged away by Bronya to continue on with their errands.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

"So, where do you want to go first?" Bronya opened her eyes wide at the boy's sudden question. Glynne saw her reaction as he scratched the back of his head, feeling somewhat awkward. "Well, there is still some time before dinner preparations. I figured that we should take some detour for a bit."

"...Detour?" Bronya asked as she tilted her head. Though it's hard to identify her emotion because of her impassive voice, she seems to be eager about it. The boy could only smile wryly in response. "Then I want to go to Homu Amusement P─"

"No," Glynne quickly denied as he is somewhat expecting her answer. He had a bitter smile plastered on his face seeing the small girl sulky about it. There is a high chance of them getting sidetrack and might lose their sense of time if they go there. With an important errand on hand, he simply can't afford that to happen. "It can't be help, I promised we will go there some other time."

"Really?" Bronya look at him with expectant eyes.

"Yeah, why not?" Glynne smiled when he noticed the small girl's mood lighten up. "For now, should we try some of the stall nearby?"

"Mn" Bronya nodded as she grabbed his hand and lend him towards a nearby ice cream store.

"Welco─" the store clerk was about to greet them but suddenly stopped when she realized who her customers were.

Glynne also widened his eyes when he notice a familiar girl with amber hair. She was the classmate that he got into wrong terms during the exams because she insulted Bronya. That said, they agreed that it is all water under the bridge and now treat each other like a proper acquaintance. The boy raised his hand and greeted her. "Yo Claire, nice meeting here!"

"Likewise" Bronya followed.

"Yeah, it's also nice to meet you!" Claire greeted back with a cheerful smile. Though for some reason, she is feeling a bit restless as her eyes keep looking around. "Say, are you two perhaps alone together right now?"