Chapter 39 - Yae Sakura

A/N: Play Sakura's OST for enhance experience.

Glynne woke up in a dark place. With a hazy consciousness, he just walk around the place as each of his step echoes through the endless darkness. After an indefinite amount of time has passed, his steps halted as a single light was reflected on his eyes. It was at that time that he regained control of his consciousness.

"Tsk, that was dangerous." Glynne muttered as he clicked his tongue. If he does not regain his consciousness, he may have end up wandering around this place for who knows how long.

After recomposing himself and review his plan, he began walking to the single object inside this place. Reaching the light, he noticed a traditional Japanese sliding door. Without any other choices at hand, Glynne decided to open the door while being on his guard.

Upon opening the door, he was greeted by a room decorated with the same traditional Japanese aesthetic as the door. Other than that, the room is void of life. He stepped inside and quietly closed the door behind him. However, in doing so, the door suddenly disappeared. Glynne immediately look back only to be greeted by a wall.

"Glynne.., how did you get here?" he then flinched when he heard Sakura's voice behind him. He swears that the room is empty a while ago.

"When did– No..." Glynne cleared his throat as he judge the question is not important right now. He turned around to face her, only to be quite surprised that the animal ears on top of her head had disappeared. He is definitely not used to the look but he forcefully pushed down his shock. "Sakura, we need to talk."

"This is about the Herrscher, right?" Sakura responded as Glynne nodded. The pink haired shrine maiden showed a melancholic expression before seemingly coming to a decision. "Will you accompany me for a little bit?"

Glynne was confused by the sudden request but after careful consideration, he agrees with it.

Sakura nodded as she turned around and stared walking, Glynne soon followed suit. It was then that the Japanese styled room begun to dismantle as their surroundings slowly turned into the familiar village. Glynne look around, noticing that the village is empty, after walking for a bit, the reason was soon became apparent.

On the village plaza, all the villagers have gathered. A quick glance at them, he noticed most of them are quite thin, as if they have not eaten for days.

Passing by the crowd, they have come upon two girls on the center. It was the younger version of Sakura hugging the dead body of her sister as she cries on her lose.

"You already heard of this, right? Sakura asked as Glynne nodded his head

"You already heard of this, right? Sakura asked as Glynne nodded his head. This scene is the time when Sakura has lost her sister. Compared to hearing about it, being able to witness the scene first hand had certainly more impact to him.

While his eyes are still glued to the scene, Sakura urged the boy to continue as he reluctantly agrees. Walking pass the crying girl, the scene had once change again to a now older Sakura kneeling down in front of a gravestone while offering flowers and incense.