55

Hazel opened her eyes, trying to focus them on her surroundings. There was a buzzing in her ears as she looked around. This is not where I thought I'd be... "George?" She called, propping up on her hands, getting up on her feet. She saw Harry lying down, flat on his back, eyes darting around, lost. The girl walked over to him, helping him up. Harry instantly went for the Horcrux which was thrown on the ground.

"I'm okay, darling, I'm okay," George spoke from a few feet away. He sat up, rubbing his head as he took in the forest they were now in. "Where in the hell..." he muttered under his breath, getting up by leaning against a tall tree.

That's when Ron's whimpers got their attention, making them all turn around. The boy had gotten splinched. It normally happened when an Apparition was unsuccessful. It was the separation of random body parts that occurred when the mind was insufficiently determined. "Shh, shh, it's okay," Hermione whispered, tears falling from her eyes as she caressed Ron's sweaty face. "Harry, quickly, in my bag -" Hermione turned to look at the boy, who stood frozen in place. "There's a bottle - it's essence of Dittany," said the curly haired witch, turning back to her soulmate.

Harry snapped out of it finally, rushing over to the bag and looking through it. Hazel felt George putting his hand on her shoulder and squeezing as they watched Ron, trembling in pain. "Merlin, Harry, quickly!" George yelled at the younger boy, grabbing Hazel's bag, looking to see if anything Angelina had given them had Dittany but there was none.

"Accio Dittany!" Harry pointed his wand at the bag, the bottle swiftly jumped out into his hand. He walked over to the couple, gripping the bottle so tight his knuckles were white. "Hermione... his arm..." it was almost hanging off of his shoulder.

"Harry, just -" Hazel took the bottle from his hands, unscrewing the top and walking over to Hermione. She kneeled down besides Ron, next to Hermione, giving the bottle to her. "It's alright, Ron," Hazel tried to calm him down as sobs left his mouth.

"Oh, babe," Hermione bit her lip, pouring the liquid over his wound. "I'm sorry it's gonna sting a little bit," I don't think he cares about that right now, George walked over too, taking a knee next to Ron's head, a concerned look on his face.

"What even happened?" Harry asked, once he saw the injury was already beginning to close up and Ron's cries had subsided slightly. "I thought we were supposed to go back to Grimmauld Place!" Harry reminded the group.

They turned to look at Hermione, who was the one that controlled the apparition. "We were, we were -" she continued pouring more liquid. "- shh, darling, it's alright, one more, one more -" Hazel admired her strength then, as tears rolled down her cheeks, she still kept her front impenetrable. "- We were there for a second but Yaxley had a hold of me and Ron and I knew once he'd seen where we were we couldn't stay so I brought us here... but then Ron got splinched," she cried in between pants, almost shaking. Hazel rubbed her back comfortingly. "That's it, baby, it's alright," she kissed the redhead's forehead, pulling back and stroking his hair.

It was as if all of a sudden Hermione realised she had Ron's blood on her hands, causing her to pull away from him, a breath falling from her lips. She was going into shock. Hazel took notice to this, holding Hermione's arms to stand up with her. "Here," she murmured, taking her wand out and doing a silent Aguamenti, letting the girl wash her hands.

"Thanks," whispered Hermione, rubbing them together and watching as the blood came off, painting the water a light pink colour. The girls swallowed with difficulty, looking at each other and communicating without the need for words. Hermione dried her hands against her shirt, taking her wand out of her back pocket. They walked over to where Ron was, eyes closed with George and Harry sitting next to him. "Protego Totalum," Hermione spoke with conviction, waving her wand around.