68

They all walked out in a somber manner, blank looks on their faces. Neville stood in front of everyone, next to Ginny and Arthur, who was right behind his daughter. Hazel walked hand in hand with George, standing behind to Hermione and Ron, who were both internally scared out of their minds. Beside Hazel, stood Draco, frozen in place. As Hazel spotted Nagini slithering next to Voldemort, her heart dropped.

"Who is that?" Came Ginny's voice, a tone of disbelief, "Who's that Hagrid's carrying? Neville, who is it?" Her tone grew desperate, shaky, it almost sounded as if she was trying not to scream. Arthur wrapped an arm around his daughter's shoulders, already knowing what was going on. George's grip tightened on Hazel's hand. "Who is it, Neville?"

Before Neville could even collect his thoughts, Voldemort spoke up, "Harry Potter... is dead!" Hazel let out a choked sob, covering her mouth against George's shoulder. The boy wrapped his arm around her with a pained look on his face.

"No..." Ginny sobbed out, pushing her dad away, "NO!" She ran in his direction but Arthur held on to her arm, stopping her.

"Silence!" Voldemort pointed his wand at her, threateningly. "You stupid girl," he spat, a smirk on his face. Ginny sobbed into her father's arms while tears spilt out of Hazel's eyes without her meaning to. Harry had died. Her younger brother... "Harry Potter, is dead. From this day forth you put your faith, in me..." Voldemort pointed at his chest, staring at them before turning to his Death Eaters. "Harry Potter is dead!" The laughter that came out of their mouths made Hazel feel like throwing up. George's arm tensed. "And now it's the time to declare yourself... Come forward and join us, or die."

Silence filled the front yard. Nobody moved as much as a finger. Hazel's breath caught in her throat as Lucius stepped towards them, "Draco," the man looked at his son, pointing to a spot next to him, "Oh, Draco," Lucius raised his hand, calling for his son.

Hazel turned to look at her friend. His lips were pointed downwards and he tried to keep a strong front but it was clear his mind was torn, he turned away, avoiding his father's gaze. "Draco," Came Narcissa's voice, making his eyes shift to his mother, instantly softening. "Come," she nodded, knowing the power she had on him.

The part Veela witch wrapped her arm around his elbow, stopping him. Draco looked down at her with sad eyes, Hazel only shook his head. Then, Luna took a few steps forward until she stood next to her soulmate. Her hand found Draco's. The platinum haired boy turned to the blonde, chest heaving. The girl held her head high as people began murmuring around them, unable to comprehend what was going on. Luna and Draco? How could that be? The Slytherin Prince and the kindest Ravenclaw? The boy's fingers tightened against hers as he swallowed with difficulty, shaking his head at his parents.

"Draco..." Spoke Voldemort, a smirk on his non existent lips. "How disappointing... Had to be a Malfoy," Lucius looked away in shame as the Death Eaters laughed, but Draco said nothing. Luna placed her other hand on his elbow, leaning into him confidently. Suddenly, Neville began limping towards the Death Eaters and at first Hazel couldn't understand what was going on. Only to realise that Neville was going to join their clan. "Well I must say I hoped for better." Again, laughter came from their side. "And who might you be, young man?"

Hazel saw the boy was holding the Sorting Hat in one hand, clutching it tightly as he raised his voice, "Neville Longbottom," at the mere mention of his name, Bellatrix threw her head back, cackling in an evil manner. George snarled at the woman, feeling anger bubbling up in his stomach.

Despite the incessant laughter, Voldemort stared at Neville with a smile, "Well, Neville I am sure we can find a place for you in our ranks -"

"I'd like to say something," Neville interrupted the Dark Lord, standing up straighter.