51

mature content, starts and ends with * also: george's room has a permanent silencing spell.

Finally, the day of the wedding came. Hazel couldn't remember the last time she felt this kind of joy. It certainly had been too long. A couple days ago, she had decided to owl Draco, just to see if everything was okay, and she still hadn't gotten a reply.

The ocean eyed girl got out of bed at about eight in the morning. She kissed George's cheek before leaving to the kitchen to make their morning coffee. "Thank you," George mumbled sleepily, rubbing his eyes as the girl left the room. He was still wearing bandages around his head, Remus suggested he should for at least another day.

As always, she set two cups down and brewed the beverage, yawning as she looked over the window. It was a beautiful day, of course. Sun bright, clear skies. Perfect for a wedding. Hazel poured the coffee in both mugs, grabbing hers and walking outside the house to take in the scenery and some fresh air as she drank the liquid.

In that moment, Harry walked in the kitchen, unaware that Hazel was standing right outside. He picked up the Daily Prophet, or so Hazel assumed by the crinkling of the paper. She remembered the headline with a sad expression on her face. "Zip me up, will you?" Hazel heard Ginny's voice coming from inside the house. She leaned against the wall, not interrupting the moment the two young soulmates were sharing. "It seems silly, doesn't it? A wedding... with everything that's been going on..."

After a few seconds of silence she heard Harry reply, "Maybe that's the best reason to have it, because of everything that's going on," and then more silence. The girl sighed to herself, taking the cup back to her lips, taking in the captivating outdoors of The Burrow.

"Mooorning," she chuckled to herself as she heard her soulmate's voice. She opened the door just in time to reveal George winking at the couple, making them pull away from each other. The boy had a toothbrush sticking out of his ear. Ginny rolled her eyes, walking away from the scene as Harry took a few steps back before Hazel stopped him by putting his hand on his shoulder.

The younger boy turned to her, startled. "How long have you been standing there?" Harry questioned, raising an eyebrow at Hazel, who finished her cup of coffee with a shrug.

"I was just enjoying the morning sun while drinking my coffee, it's not my fault you didn't notice," Hazel chuckled, her arm draped across Harry's shoulder. "By the way, Happy Birthday, H," she set the empty cup down, bringing her brother in for a hug. Harry laughed quietly as he hugged her back, smiling.

"Thank you," replied Harry, pulling away from the embrace. George walked over to the boy, patting his back.

"How does it feel to turn seventeen?" The redhead said playfully, making Harry shrug in response. Of course it didn't really feel like his birthday. People would be more focused on the wedding than on him - which truthfully, didn't bother him at all. What Harry didn't know was that at the end of the wedding, Ginny would bring out a birthday cake her, Hermione and Hazel baked a day before.

After about ten minutes of conversation, they all had to get going. Today was a busy day after all. The couple went to the bathroom inside George's room, both of them brushing their teeth once again, together. Meanwhile, George removed the bandages and threw them away, he'd get new ones after showering. As always, Hazel made fun of George for having to bend down to the sink, it was far too small for someone as tall as him. "Giraffe," she muttered jokingly.

"Oh yeah?" George turned to her and began tickling her sides, making her squeal and laugh. "Apologise!" Hazel thrashed around, giggling like crazy. "Apologise Hazel Victoria!"

"I'm sorry - I'm sorry," she breathed out, laughter still coming out of her mouth. George stopped his movements, chuckling at her reaction. "I'm sorry you're as tall as a baby giraffe and can't reach the sink," Hazel stuck her tongue out at him playfully as George narrowed his eyes.