43

"Thank you for coming! Have a good day!" The costumer shut the door behind him as he exited the store. Hazel sighed in relief, setting her heels back on the ground. "That's the last one for today," she mumbled to herself, opening the register and beginning to transfer the money into the safe.

It was almost Christmas and Hazel wasn't looking forward to Slughorn's Christmas party, at all. She was, however, very excited about other things. The main thing being: Ron had been chosen to be Keeper once again! Harry became Captain after Angelina left and Ginny took Alicia's place as Chaser. Hazel wrote to McGonagall, asking if they could watch the match, to which she agreed. Hazel was grateful she had such a close bond with the professor, even if it was over something as horrible as Bole.

The game was in an hour, so they'd have to leave soon. The ocean eyed girl locked up the safe before apparating to her and George's room. She got changed into a casual, comfortable outfit. From the corner of her eye, she saw Draco's letter. The boy had finally replied after Blaise told him Hazel had been looking for him. He asked Hazel to meet him during the party, right outside the Gryffindor Common Room, after the game. It didn't feel like good news. "You ready?" Hazel asked as George entered the room.

"What for? Oh right the game," groaned George, flopping down on the bed. "I just wanna sleep," he grumbled, grabbing a pillow and putting it over his face. Hazel chuckled and walked over to him, sitting by his side. "Tell Ron I died or something, he won't mind," Hazel snorted, lying down.

"Remember how bad he got the first time? Of course he'll mind if you're not there," she reminded him, making the boy whine some more. "It's just one match! We'll be back early," said Hazel, knowing that wasn't totally true.

George removed the pillow from his face and turned to her with a tired expression. "We both know we're winning that match. Which means there's an after party. Which means, we're invited. Which means -"

"Fine, fine, I get your point," Hazel chuckled, leaning in to kiss his cheek. "You could leave early! Or you could skip work tomorrow," she suggested, resting her weight on her elbow.

"Tomorrow's your day off," George frowned at her words. "Mine is not til Saturday," he pointed out, looking at her with his head tilted in confusion.

"Yes, I know that. Georgie, I don't mind, I'll cover you," his soulmate offered, George shook his head. "Come on, it's not that bad, plus I like working, keeps me distracted," from everything that's going on. Sirius was finally a free man but every time he tried stepping outside, there were comments made around him, people staring or even worse, throwing things, trying to attack him. He tried to keep a strong front but it was obvious that it was hurting him.

The older boy sighed, sitting up. "Alright, let's go. If I'm too tired tomorrow, I'll take you up on your offer," Hazel sat up after him, a small smile on her face. "I know you're feeling down, about Sirius' situation and... Malfoy being Malfoy," George put his hand on her knee as the girl pursed her lips. "They'll be okay. Sirius is free, despite everything, he's a free man. That's already a step in the right direction! And Malfoy, well, I don't know but whatever it is I'm sure you'll be able to help him," he kissed her forehead supportingly.

George got up from the bed, holding his hand out for Hazel. "What about my mum?" She asked him quietly, holding his hand and getting up.

"Well, your mum has a very tumultuous past with our world, darling," George tried to make it better with a sad look on his face. "Are you reconsidering going to the muggle world? Visit her? Maybe if you talked about it with her..."

Hazel sighed, wrapping her arms around George's waist for comfort, leaning into his chest. "I want her to come here for me," she mumbled, closing her eyes. "I know it's childish, I know I should take the first step but I just wish she would show me love like I need it," her mind was too foggy to form a single coherent thought. "Maybe I have to be the bigger person but it still hurts."