17

play the song above at the <3 :)

After making their way back to the Burrow, they were at an all time low, tired and drained. Molly cried when they arrived, hugging all of her kids. She event went as far as apologising to Fred and George for what she said to them about their future, now terrified to lose them. They sat around the table and ate in silence, it was killing Hazel.

Finally, Molly and Arthur went to their room to talk about what had happened in private, leaving the rest of the kids in the living room. Harry and Hazel were sitting on the couch with Ron and Ginny. Bill and Percy went to bed while Charlie went to make himself some tea after offering to make some for everyone. Fred and George were sitting on the other couch, opposite of them.

"You didn't have to come back for me," Harry told Hazel, breaking the silence. Hazel turned to look at him with a frown on her face, not believing her ears.

"Have you gone mad? I couldn't leave you," Hazel shook her head. "Would you have left me?" Harry didn't even have to think about the answer, he was shaking his head before she even finished asking the question. "Harry, you're one of my best friends - I'm sure if Ron would've realised you were missing he would've followed me." Ron nodded, looking down at the ground in shame.

"I'm sorry I didn't," Ron sighed, rubbing his forehead. "I thought you guys were right behind us," he said honestly, guilt written all over his face.

Harry smiled at him reassuringly. "We're all okay now," he said quietly. "Let's just go to bed," he patted Ron's shoulder, who nodded, standing up and going to his room. Before leaving, Harry leaned down and hugged Hazel tightly. "Thank you - truly," he murmured into her ear.

The older girl returned the hug with the same emotion. "You're not alone in this," she told him, rubbing his back encouragingly. "We're here with you," she said after they pulled back. "Goodnight," she waved as Harry left, following Ron. "Are you going to bed, Gin?"

Ginny let out a deep exhale before nodding. "Yeah," she mumbled. "Should I leave the door open for you?" She asked Hazel quietly, not wanting her brothers to make fun of her. Hazel nodded after a few seconds, hugging the smaller Gryffindor. "Goodnight," Ginny said, walking over to her brothers and hugging them as well. Everyone was being way more lovey than usual, being close to death can do that to you.

Fred and George looked at each other as Ginny left. "I think I'm turning in too," Fred mumbled, standing up. "I have to write to Angie," he said, more to himself than to the others. They said their goodbyes and he left, George and Hazel being the only two left in the living room.

"G-Georgie?" Hazel spoke after minutes of silence. The boy wasn't even looking at her, eyes fixed on his lap. At the sound of her voice, he raised his gaze, looking at her, jaw locked. "Are you mad at me?" She asked quietly, hoping he would shake his head, stand up and walk over to her and kiss her. However, George stayed quiet for a second, letting her know that he was angry. Some minutes went by, he stood up and left the living room, going to the kitchen, leaving Hazel sitting down on the sofa alone, tears welling up in her eyes, heart breaking.

As George walked in the kitchen, he saw Charlie drinking tea, leaning against the counter. "You look pissed," Charlie muttered after taking a good look at George, not wanting to be too loud and wake people up.

"I am," George responded, grabbing a glass of water. "I'm fuming," he added, getting his point across.

"And why is that?" Charlie asked, a surprised look on his face. "Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend?" He took a sip of the hot liquid.

"She's not -" yet. George stopped mid sentence, breathing out, setting the glass down on the counter. "I can't believe she would run off like that, what was she even thinking? She could've gotten killed!" George whispered harshly, glaring at the floor.