20

mature content in the end of the chapter *

It had been a rough month for Harry. He was being judged by everyone at school, nobody believed that he hadn't written his name down, including his best friend. Hazel wanted to knock some sense into Ron but nothing seemed to work.

"You're a right foul git, you know that?" Harry had told him, Hazel smacked her forehead from the sidelines. He certainly wasn't making this better.

"Yeah? You think so?" Ron muttered, glaring at his best friend.

"I know so," Harry retaliated.

"Anything else?" Ron raised his eyebrows sarcastically.

"Yeah, stay away from me," Harry told him as Hermione groaned from her spot next to Hazel and George.

"Fine," with that, Ron had walked away with the rest of his friends, leaving Harry behind.

By that point, Hazel knew there was nothing she could do for them, they'd have to work it out themselves. With the first task approaching, the small group was worried for Harry. Because of his interview with Rita Skeeter, he wasn't feeling his best. Everything got even worse when Hagrid told Harry about the dragons. The boy was sulking so much... Hazel thought he'd never go back to his old self.

The day of the First task, Harry was walking around in the champion's tent, a frown on his face. He was wearing a cape that had his last name written on it, same as the other three contestants. They all looked way more determined than he did, which wasn't helping his anxiety at all.

"Harry," he heard a whisper coming from outside the tent. "Can we come in?" He recognised Hermione's voice almost immediately.

"Yeah," as soon as he spoke, Hermione, Hazel, Fred and George walked in, the other champions not even caring about their presence. Hazel quickly wrapped her arms around her friend tightly before a flash of light interrupted them both, causing them to pull apart.

Rita Skeeter walked in, his cameraman right behind her. "Oh! Young love," she exclaimed, clapping her hands as she walked towards the pair and their friends. "How... stirring," the quill moved around as she spoke. George frowned, taking Hazel's hand in his, pulling her into his chest. "If anything goes unfortunately today, you two may even make the front page!" She said in a snarky manner as everyone stared her down.

"Hey!" Viktor walked up to her, a threatening look on his face. "You have no business here," the blonde turned around in shock. "This tent is for champions and friends," the group offered him a thankful smile, loving how he'd tried to dissuade the tension.

"No matter," the woman flicked her hand, making the quill caress Viktor's face. He flinched away. "We've got what we wanted," with that, the cameraman snapped another picture and they left. Hazel noticed Viktor stealing glances on Hermione's direction, a knowing smile creeping on her lips.

"How're you feeling?" Hermione asked Harry after the woman had left. "The key is to concentrate, after that you just have to -"

"Battle a dragon?" Harry cut her off with an eye roll.

"You just have to be careful," Hazel told him, patting his back.

"Think fast," George added.

"Use your wand," Hermione piled on.

"And don't get eaten," Fred shrugged as the rest of the group looked at him in shock. "What? Everybody's thinking it..."

Hazel shook her head. "Just - be safe before anything else. It doesn't matter if you don't win as long as you are okay," she said seriously, a nervous look on her face. "You'll be fine, I don't think Dumbledore's gonna let anything bad happen to you." Hermione nodded in agreement.