6

After supper, they all made their way to the Gryffindor Common Room. Hazel was unaware of the looks she got from some of her male peers, she was too focused chatting with a certain Gryffindor Beater. The Common Room was on the seventh floor, which meant they had to climb a lot of stairs. Hazel gasped out loud when she realised the stairs moved. When Fred started to laugh at her reaction, she pretended to push him off, causing him to screech.

It appeared her and George would be a good match.

Finally, they came face to face with the portrait of the Fat Lady, who was the woman that guarded the Common Room. She seemed quite nice but also in need of attention. George and Hazel shared a look and stifled their laughter as the lady tried to sing for them.

"Fortuna Major!" Fred snapped, repeating the password for the thousandth time, making the Fat Lady roll her eyes.

"It's alright, go in," She said finally, opening up the painting to reveal the inside of the place Hazel would now call home.

"Thank you!" The blue eyed girl said friendlily as they all walked in with grins on their faces, chatting with each other.

Hazel, however, remained quiet for a second as she took it all in. The place was softly lit and several shades of red and gold. There was a fireplace mantle, adorned with a portrait of a lion, which clearly represented their House. It was extremely cosy, filled with burgundy coloured, squashy armchairs, large tables, and a bulletin board where school notices, ads, campaigns, etc. were to be posted.

There were many windows that looked out onto the school grounds. Hazel walked towards one of them, the hint of a smile on her face as she glanced at the outside. Miles away, she spotted Professor Lupin, talking with another faculty member, caught up in conversation. The black haired girl turned back around and continued inspecting the Common Room further. The large fireplace was set in the biggest wall, which were decorated with scarlet tapestries that had witches, wizards, and various animals. Hazel spotted bookcases, filled with various novels that she intended to read someday.

"It's so warm," she commented as she saw George approaching. The red haired boy agreed with a nod. "It's beautiful," she continued to look around, inhaling deeply and sighing with a dreamy smile. George stared at her as she walked around, a smile etched on his lips as she lightly traced the top of the sofa with her fingertips. He was almost 6 feet tall, and by the looks of it, she had to be 5'4, 5'5 at most.

"Wanna check out the dorms?" Alicia asked Hazel, who nodded excitedly, following after her. "We'll be right back," she said to the twins and Lee before guiding here to the right side of the Common Room in which there was a mahogany staircase. "We'll be sleeping in the same dormitory along with Angelina Johnson, she's very nice, you'll meet her soon - she's on a trip with her family so she'll be absent for a couple of days," Hazel nodded as they climbed up the stairs and into the dorm.

There were three beds covered with red blankets, same colour as the curtains. A nightstand was set next to each bed and school trunks were placed at the foot of the beds. Hazel spotted a golden banner that read 'Gryffindor' in red and the House mascot. There was a lamp close to their dresser on the wooden board which was situated on either side of the bed. It was plain, so Hazel knew she'd have to decorate it soon. The walls were stone and the floors were wooden. There were pillows on the floor for them to sit and chat, along with a snuffbox on top of their trunks for their pets.

Lee watched as Alicia and Hazel disappeared into the staircase and swiftly faced his friends. "Now will you tell me what the fuck is going on?" He whispered harshly, referring to what had happened at dinner. Fred and George glance at each other before turning to Lee again. "What's that look about?" It was weird for Lee not to be let in to whatever the twins were doing, so to say that he was confused about their behaviour, would be an understatement.