33

Christmas at the Burrow was warm, but Christmas at Grimmauld Place was still lovely. Sirius and Remus had worked hard on making the place look homey. Hazel could tell Sirius was extremely excited to have them all over for the holidays. It made her think about all of the Christmases he had to spend locked up in Azkaban. The girl wrote to her grandparents, explaining everything that had occurred, and as per Sirius' request, she invited them over to spend Christmas with them.

The house was almost unrecognisable. Sirius and Remus cleaned and decorated the entire place with the help of everyone. The normally cobwebbed filled chandeliers were sparkling, garland of holly and silver hung from them instead. Sirius even went as far as charming glittery snow to fall from the ceiling in the dining room, making it warm to touch.

Her grandparents arrived at noon, instantly bringing her in for a hug. "How've you been, my little seeker?" Benjy asked, his arm still around her shoulders.

"Well it's been a tough few days but I'm okay," she smiled at him softly, resting her head on his chest. "I think I'm... going to try and join the Quidditch team." Benjy and Sarah gasped, embracing her once again.

"That is such wonderful news!" Sarah exclaimed, pulling away. "How is that possible? I thought the team was full - "

"Well..." As they walked into the living room, Hazel explained everything that had happened with the twins and Harry. Her grandparents were very disapproving of Umbridge's actions, of course. But they knew they couldn't meddle against a person in such a powerful position. They both knew about Bole because of the school trial that was held. The only thing they could do was make sure their granddaughter got all the psychological help she needed. They'd try and go after him later on. "And so now Angie's looking for two beaters and a seeker so I wrote my name down for try-outs."

Benjy held Sarah's hand with a sigh, making himself comfortable on the nice couch. "We wish the circumstances would've been different." Sarah nodded along as he talked. "But, we can't deny we are very happy about you becoming a seeker," he spoke as if Hazel was already in the team. That made her chuckle.

"Oh!" Sarah remembered suddenly. "Arthur will be joining us for Christmas," she told Hazel in a hushed tone, making her gasp. "Yes, it's supposed to be a surprise for his kids!" Hazel nodded with a big grin.

In that moment, Molly walked in the living room with tears in her eyes. Hazel quickly got up. "Oh my God, Molly are you okay?" She asked, rushing over to the older woman.

Just then, Fred and George came in behind her. "Mum," Fred placed his hand on her shoulder in support. "It's okay," he said, looking at George for help. "He's nothing more than a humongous pile of rat droppings." Hazel pursed her lips at his choice of words.

"Who?" She mouthed to George silently, her hand on Molly's as the woman continued crying.

"Percy," George mouthed back.

"I'm so sorry, Sarah," Molly apologised, wiping her tears as the other woman stood up and hugged her friend. "Percy just sent back his Christmas jumper... No letter, nothing," she cried quietly as Sarah rubbed her back. "He didn't even go to the hospital to visit his dad!"

"Okay, all of you, upstairs please," Sarah told the twins and Hazel. They nodded and left without making a fuss. Sarah took Molly to the couch, sitting her down between her and Benjy, talking to her friend comfortingly, trying to make her feel better.

Hazel felt George and Fred put their hands on her shoulders and just as she was about to ask, the three of them apparated, reappearing in Harry and Ron's room. The ginger boy screeched, pulling away from Hermione at the loud crack of the apparition. "Whoops," Fred and George chorused, making Hermione laugh and blush.