25

Finally, the Third Task was upon them.

Hazel had an uneasy feeling as she made her way to the Quidditch Pitch with her friends and soulmate. "What's wrong?" George asked her as they walked towards the section of Harry supporters. Some people have gone as far as painting their faces for the younger boy, sporting the red and gold like an accesory.

"I don't know," replied Hazel truthfully, sitting down next to Fred. "I - I have this feeling... I can't shake it off," she shook her head, sighing deeply. Her best friend patted her back softly.

"What do you mean?" Questioned Fred, trying to get a straight answer out of he, frowning as he saw her brows furrowing.

"Like something bad is going to happen," she whispered, biting her lip as she saw everyone else excited around her. "Something really bad," Hazel looked up at George, who shrugged in response, not knowing what she could possibly mean.

"Maybe Harry won't win?" He suggested, making Hazel shake her head.

"It's something else, something bigger, different..." She trailed off, sighing.

In that moment, the band began playing and Cedric entered the pitch along with his father, who proudly gestured towards his son, a big smile on his face. The group stood up to clap for the champions, who entered the field one by one, along with their parents or headmasters. Hazel spotted Draco Malfoy sitting in the Krum section. She rolled her eyes at his actions before she saw Harry walk out on his own. "Go, Potter!" She screamed, trying to show him support. Harry turned to her and waved with a smile.

Dumbledore then began speaking, the wand pressed to his neck. "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the cup deep within the maze, only he knows its exact position." Hazel felt George's hand on her lower back, rubbing it softly in reassurance. "Now as Mr. Diggory," the crowd cheered. "And Mr. Potter," they applauded and hooted loudly. "Are tied for first position, they will be first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum," manly screams filled the arena. "And Miss Delacour," the girls beamed for their friend. "First person to touch The Cup will be the winner!" George and Fred clapped with smiles on their faces. "I've instructed staff to patrol the perimeter, should at any point the contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send out red sparks with their wand." Hazel felt more at ease with his words. "Contestants, gather around..."

Hazel and George held hands as Dumbledore spoke in private with the champions. The girl narrowed her eyes as she tried to pinpoint the thing that was bothering her, but nothing came to mind. Finally, the five of them parted ways. "Champions, prepare yourselves!" Dumbledore spread his arms as the four of them walked to their positions. Harry stood next to Moody, a nervous look on his face as he glanced towards his friends. Hermione sent him a reassuring smile along with a thumbs up. Hazel mouthed 'good luck', holding her hands against her heart, which made Harry nod thankfully.

"Cedric, good luck," Amos told his son as they hugged tightly. "My boy," he patted his back delightedly.

"See you later, dad," Cedric grinned at him before resuming his place in front of the entrance. He turned around towards where his supporters stood, smiling at Cho, nodding in her direction. The girl smiled back at him, blowing him a kiss. Then, he turned his head towards Harry's group, giving Hazel a small friendly smile, which she returned.

Harry looked over to Cedric, nodding at him in recognition. The older boy did the same thing back, a serious look on his face.

At the sound of the cannon, the two departed, glancing at each other one last time before walking into the maze. The tall bushes closed behind them, making Hazel exhale deeply before everyone sat back down. "God, please," Hazel muttered, breathless, shaking her leg subconsciously.