7

It had been two weeks since classes had begun and Hazel had to admit, she was struggling with Care of Magical Creatures and Transfiguration. She definitely felt like she needed extra help, and that was making her uneasy during class. Still, she actually was a natural at most things. Potions, Astronomy and Defence Against the Dark Arts were her favourite subjects, definitely. Herbology and History of Magic were very boring, but nothing too hard. Divination was fun, even if she didn't totally believe it.

What amazed her the most about being in the Wizarding World, wasn't necessarily all the magic - though that was, of course, magical. Instead, it was the way she fit in right away. It was almost as if her interests were finally met, and her actions weren't judged by anyone. However, the way people treated her back in the Muggle world was still present in her mind. To say that made her skeptical of new interactions would be an understatement.

During her free time, Hazel tried to explore as much of the castle as she could. She would walk around and end up in disused classrooms most of the time, but everything was just so beautiful, she couldn't bring herself to stop wandering around. This was one of those nights, she couldn't sleep, so she decided to put on a coat and walk around. She took her wand as a source of light, sneaking through the halls, not wanting to be caught by Filch or any other Professor that may be up.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder, causing her to shriek and turn around, wand pointed. George raised both of his arms in surrender, a smirk on his face as Hazel exhaled nervously. His hair was pushed back, and he was wearing a white t-shirt, which she guessed he slept in. "George! You scared me!" She whispered harshly, glaring up at him in a teasing manner.

"Sorry, Sunshine," George murmured back. His hands were still up, one of them holding a piece of parchment. Hazel's heart did a leap at the adorable nickname. She was glad it was dark... George wouldn't be able to see her red face. "I couldn't sleep so I was looking at the map and I saw your name wandering around the halls," he handed it to her so that she could see. A frown made its way to her face, not understanding what he meant. Instead of asking, she took the map, holding the light to it closely, eyes wide when she saw her name next to George's.

Hazel Fenwick

George Weasley

Hazel's blue eyes skimmed through the parchment. A few moments later, she closed it, raising an eyebrow. "The Marauders Map," she read from the title, humming. "Interesting... this is very cool," she murmured, opening it back up again. Instantly, she spotted Filch's name turning the corner of the hallway they were in. "Oh God, Filch is coming," Hazel looked up at George with a scared look in her eye.

The red haired boy looked down at the map before looking back at Hazel, "run," he grabbed her hand in his and sprinted down the hallway, both of them a giggly mess. Hazel could feel her heart thumping faster at the sight of their joint hands. They could hear Filch yelling after them but, evidently, they ignored it - there was no way he could catch up to them. Hazel turned to the side and noticed a door appearing on a wall, making her stop dead in her tracks, causing George to stop and turn as well.

"In here," she opened the door quickly and walked in. George followed suit, closing the door behind them, wide smiles on their faces, panting.

Right after the Welcome party, things had gotten slightly awkward for Hazel. While she'd only said she found George attractive, she wasn't used to being so out in the open about what she was feeling. Thankfully, Alicia and Fred had assured her that George was nothing but flattered. After all, he'd called her 'adorable' as well. However, something still bugged her, and it had everything to do with her Veela side. She didn't want the fact that she was considered 'beautiful' to cloud George's judgement on her personality.