31

The four of them made their way to the Hospital Wing after that. George for his bruised abdomen, Fred for his arm and Harry for his back and busted lip. Hazel tagged along as per George's request. They spotted Draco lying down on one of the beds, Crabbe and Goyle nowhere in sight. Hazel pulled George on to a bed, forcing him to ignore the blonde boy.

Madam Pomfrey was quick, checked out everyone and quickly fixed them up before leaving to make notes on everything she'd done to the kids. "It sucks that we got banned," Fred mumbled. Hazel couldn't help but feel slightly guilty about the situation. George put his shirt back on after Pomfrey had performed a healing spell on him.

"Yeah," He agreed, rolling his eyes before setting them on Draco. "All because of fucking Umbridge," he continued glaring at the boy, who lied on the bed in front of him, looking all battered up. "And this little bitch, Malfoy," he spoke loud enough for the boy to hear.

"Shut up, Weasel boy," Malfoy croaked out, narrowing his eyes at the older boy. "It's not my fault you can't take the heat -"

" - Can't take the heat? You're one to fucking talk - " George scoffed before Hazel shook her head.

"God!" She exclaimed, finally snapping, making the four of them turn to her. "Stop! Stop fighting!" She sighed roughly. "You! You are disgusting for talking about someone's family in that way. How would you feel if we talked like that about yours, huh? I'm sure they're not clean, now are they?" Draco's eyes widened at her words. "Then you go off talking about how I was assaulted as if it was nothing. There's something deeply wrong with you."

The twins snickered at Malfoy's face expression. His mouth was agape, eyes wide and nostrils flared at her words. Deep inside, he knew he was in the wrong.

"And you," she turned to Fred, George and Harry, who all stared back at her in shock. "You beat up a fifteen year old boy," she told them, shaking her head. "It might've been with good reason - I understand that, I agree with that, believe me," she placed her hand on top of George's, signalling her support. "But you two are seventeen, you're of age! You can't go around punching underage kids," she whispered harshly, making them both purse their lips as they thought about it. "Harry - Harry you'd won the match. We all could've walked away, victorious, and instead, you three are banned - have you even stopped to think about Angelina's reaction?"

Fred's lips parted as he thought of that. "We're dead," Hazel nodded slowly. "Bloody hell, we are dead..." Harry felt his heart drop as he realised Angelina would scream at them and remained pissed for hours.

"You're dead," Hazel repeated one last time, exhaling, regaining composure. "I am sorry, though," she said, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You're amazing players and now you won't be able to show your talent," George gave her hand a squeeze in reassurance, now realising the girl was feeling guilty. She squeezed it back, a sad smile on her face.

After a few minutes of silence, Madam Pomfrey walked back in, eyeing them carefully. "You are free to go," she told the three Gryffindors, who had already began standing up. "Take it easy the next few days. Mr. Malfoy, you're staying overnight," Draco huffed, narrowing his eyes but not saying anything.

The three boys began walking out, George turned to Hazel when she stopped walking but she turned her head to the younger boy. "Malfoy," she said, getting his attention. "I hope this teaches you to not mess with what people love the most," Draco blinked as she spoke. "Family matters, words matter," Draco felt everything she was saying getting sewn into his soul. "You have no fucking idea how much I've had to work to get over what happened to me. Everyday I wake up and push it to the back of my mind. I'm fighting, it's a tough fight but I'm trying," she let go of George's hand, walking closer to the boy's bed. "Draco if there's something or someone you're fighting there are people you can talk to. Don't let it beat you down," she whispered to him.