4

How could any of this be real? Hazel thought as she made her way through Diagon Alley next to her grandparents. They had already gotten her the school robes from Madam Malkin's, which Hazel noted were very heavy. She also realised it would take her way less time to be ready in the morning now that she had a uniform. Her grandparents were sure Hazel would be in Gryffindor, like her father, so they even bought her the uniform and cloak pack despite her suggesting they would wait.

It had been a week since Hazel joined the Wizarding World. A whole week she spent reading every single book from the previous years, still not caught up obviously, but pretty close. She had a very good work ethic, she knew she would get there soon.

After that, they went to Flourish and Blotts to buy her books. Hazel's eyes were doe-like because of how wide they were and how her gaze was full of wonder and surprise. Benjy and Sarah went over to the owner to ask for the Fifth year books as Hazel looked around in bewilderment. The ambiance was so much different from the human world, it was making her heart rate increase through the roof. The girl's gaze was fixed on the bookshelves, so much so, that she didn't even realise she was getting a little too close to a certain red haired boy.

"Oh, sorry," she apologised when she bumped into him. Hazel looked up since the person that she walked into was a lot taller than her. "Tall," she let out in one breath, staring into the boy's deep brown eyes. The ginger lad chuckled and nodded. "Sorry," Hazel apologised again, feeling embarrassed and looking away.

"No problem," the ginger boy shrugged, giving her a half smile. "I'm Fred," he said, tone bordering on flirtatious.

"I'm Hazel," she replied with a friendly grin. Fred's mouth dropped in shock instantly, making Hazel tilt her head in confusion. "You okay?" she asked, stifling a laugh, not wanting to make fun of the nervous looking boy in front of her.

"Y-yeah it's all good - uh - Hazel, you say? Are you going to Hogwarts?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck, trying to seem normal while memorising all of her features so he could answer every question he knew George would have. It had to be her. It had to be! There were too many coincidences.

"Yes," Hazel nodded, shifting her gaze with slight discomfort when she noticed how intensely Fred was staring at her. "Uh, I'm new... it's a long story," she shrugged, grazing some books with the tips of her fingers. "What grade are you in?" She turned to look back at him, realising he still hadn't looked away. Fred noted her use of the word 'grade' and realised by that, and by her slight accent, that she most likely wasn't from Britain - or at least had lived abroad for a while.

"Fifth," Fred replied, hoping she would be in the same Year as them so that George wouldn't go crazy fawning over someone younger. "And you?" He asked after a few seconds, not wanting to appear desperate.

"Me too," Hazel grinned slightly bigger, looking up at him. He was a very good looking boy, that much she couldn't deny. He was acting very suspicious though, and she couldn't tell if it was just the way everyone was around here.

"Fred!" They both turned around at the sound of Benjy calling out the boy's name. "How are you doing, kiddo? I see you met my granddaughter," He patted the boy's shoulder with slight force, making him grimace. George's soulmate's a Fenwick? His mum would be very happy about that. "How's Molly? When did you get back from Egypt?" Benjy asked with a chuckle at the face Fred had made. "Where's your brother?" It was weird to see Fred without George or George without Fred.

"He must be around here somewhere, we just got back yesterday," Fred dismissed, knowing George was actually at the Burrow with the rest of his family. Fred was on a mission to find a book that would help them with their pranks and George was covering for him back at home. "I actually have to go Mr. Fenwick but it was really nice to see you - you too, Mrs. Fenwick," he said quickly as he began backing away from the trio. "Hazel, see you at the Express!" He turned around and ran out as fast as he could, leaving them all with funny expressions on their faces.