16

"Dad!" Ron whined as he tried to keep up with the group. "Where are we going?" he asked, looking around the woods, not seeing anything but trees and green.

"Haven't the foggiest!" Hazel and George looked at each other with confusion. "Keep up!" Arthur turned around, waving his hand over to Ron, who picked up the pace.

"Arthur! It's about time, son," their heads turned at the sound of a new voice. Hazel saw a man and standing a few feet ahead. Is that Cedric Diggory... in a tree? He was the seeker and captain of the Hufflepuff quidditch team. The man approached Arthur, patting his back in a friendly way.

"Sorry, some of us had a bit of a sleepy start," chuckled Arthur, patting Amos' back in return. "Everyone, this is Amos Diggory, we work together at the ministry," they all waved at the grown man, who replied with a court 'alright?'. Suddenly, Cedric jumped off the tree, landing on his feet. "And that strapping young lad, must be Cedric, am I right?" George's grip on Hazel's hand tightened, making her look up at him with wonder.

"Yes sir," Cedric replied, a grin on his face as he stared Hazel. Oh.

"These are all your kids, Arthur?" The man asked as they continued to walk.

The ginger man shook his head with a laugh. "Only the redheads," he responded, Amos nodding along. "That's Hazel Fenwick, my son's soulmate," he pointed towards Hazel, who smiled, raising her hand so Amos could tell who Arthur meant.

"Nice to meet you, young lady," Amos said with a grin.

Hazel smiled back. "Likewise, sir," she squeezed George's hand reassuringly when she saw Cedric was still staring at her.

"And that's Harry-"

"Harry Potter!" Amos exclaimed, looking at the boy with admiration. "It's a pleasure to meet you," the man shook Harry's hand eagerly, who shook it back with a tight smile. "Cedric has told me a lot about you!" The man went on about how Cedric beat him during the quidditch game, which was awkward to say the least. 

Fred and George began making fun of Amos behind his back, which luckily he didn't pick up on. Cedric was too busy staring at Hazel to even realise what was going on. Finally, they began walking up a hill, and Hazel could hear Amos saying they were getting close. Hazel, George and Fred stood still for a while before looking at each other competitively and sprinting up. Fred and George obviously beat her, she had shorter legs after all.

In a fit of giggles, Hazel took George's hand when he offered it to her, pulling her up the last bit. "Why are we standing around an old boot?" Hazel asked George as the rest of the family reached the top.

"That's a portkey," Cedric replied before George could. "C'mon," they all laid down on the floor, holding onto it. Hazel placed her hand on the boot as Amos began counting down from three. Harry and Hazel chuckled at their actions, both of them clearly having been raised in the muggle world.

"This is so weird," as soon as those words came out of her mouth, they started falling. Everyone began screaming excitedly, except for her and Harry who's screams were full of fear. 

"Let go, kids!" Amos' voice made Harry and Hazel's eyes widen.

"WHAT?" Hazel shook her head repeatedly.

"Let go," George removed his hand, making Hazel do the same with a loud screech.

I'm dead, I'm dead. "Oof," she grunted when her body hit the ground. "What the hell was that?" She mumbled, sitting up on her elbows. She noticed George, Fred, Ron, Ginny and Harry had all fallen next to each other. "Are you okay?" she asked them all, who nodded and groaned in response.