50

play the song at <3

They all shot up from their seats, rushing outside after Molly opened the door. Hazel's heart clenched at the sight of Harry and Hagrid. Harry looked slightly beaten up, same as his half giant friend. "Harry! Hagrid!" Hazel saw Ginny jump on Harry, hugging him tightly. The boy caught Ginny, hugging her back with just as much intensity. "What happened? Where are the others?" Molly asked, looking over at Hagrid, who frowned.

Harry pulled away from the hug, staring at Molly with wide eyes. "Is no one else back?" Hazel shook her head as Harry walked over to her, embracing her. She hugged him back, noticing he was wet all over. "Hedwig died," Harry whispered, earning a few gasps. Hazel hugged him tighter, biting her lip. She knew how much that owl meant to him.

Hagrid's voice interrupted their embrace, "They were on us right from the start, Molly. We didn't stand a chance," Hazel took out her wand and pointed it at Harry, performing a silent drying spell, making the boy give her a small, grateful smile.

"Well, thank goodness you two are alright," Molly said, patting Hagrid's arm as the half giant continued speaking.

"The Death Eaters were waiting for us, it was an ambush," said Hagrid, pursing his lips. Both adults walked in the house, leaving the door open for the others.

Harry turned back to his soulmate once again, hugging her to his chest. Hazel watched from the corner of her eye as Harry pressed kisses to Ginny's head. Angelina stood beside her friend, holding her hand in support.

In that moment, there was a crack of an apparition. They all turned towards the sound, wands up in defence. Suddenly, Remus popped out of the reeds, holding George up by his arm, grabbing the boy's waist. "Oh God," Hazel covered her mouth, letting go of Angie's hand and rushing to George's side. "Babe - what happened?" Harry hastily walked towards George and Remus, throwing George's arm over his shoulder and helping him stand.

"Sorry I broke my promise, princess - I'm okay," George reassured Hazel with a fake smile, hiding his pain. Hazel shook her head, looking at the blood oozing out from the left side of his face.

"He's not - Quick! Into the house," Remus spoke, voice strained. Hazel walked in front of them, opening the door wider so that the three of them could come in faster.

Molly turned around as she heard them come in, "oh, my boy." They put George down on the couch, gently letting go of his arms. Hazel looked over at her soulmate, kneeling down on the floor in front of George, pushing his hair out of the wound, noticing he was missing an ear. Molly's eyes filled with tears as Hazel caressed his face softly.

"God, Georgie..." She turned around as she heard commotion going on behind her, only to see Remus pressing Harry against the wall, wand aloft and pointed at him.

"What are you doing?" Ginny cried, frowning as Remus held Harry down.

"Shh!" Panting, the man pressed his wand against Harry's neck. "What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts?" Hazel knew what was going on now. Remus wasn't sure if Harry was actually himself or someone else pretending to be him, using polyjuice potion.

The younger boy huffed, trying to release himself from Remus' grip. "Are you mad?" Harry yelled back, clearly annoyed.

"What creature?" Remus screamed in return, his grip now firmer than before.

"G-Grindylow!" Harry retorted. It appeared to be the right answer, because Lupin's grip loosened and he finally let go of Harry's neck.

Harsh breaths left Remus' lips as he pulled away, wiping his forehead with the back of his forearm. "We've been betrayed. Voldemort knew you were being moved tonight. I had to make sure you weren't an impostor," he explained, still breathing with difficulty. Harry nodded, now relaxing, letting his head fall against the wall as Ginny made her way to him, wrapping her arms around his waist.