67

FAN. MOTHERFUCKING. THEORY. TRY ME.

The three brothers rose up from the ground after a few moments of silence. Percy was the least injured one, so he picked Hazel up in his arms and carried her towards the Great Hall, where he knew the Healers would be. Fred put George's arm behind his shoulders, helping his brother walk towards the Hall, since his foot appeared to be broken.

Hogwarts was a mess. There was debris lying everywhere, walls torn down, entire rooms destroyed. They even encountered a few bodies that they were unable to carry because of their extensive wounds. None of them could speak as they entered  the Great Hall, somber looks on their faces. Percy laid Hazel down in front of Madam Pomfrey and George sat by her side, reaching for her hand and holding it as the Healer worked on her broken arm.

George hissed as Angie kneeled in front of him, curing his foot with a spell, sending shocks up his body. "Sorry," the girl whispered out, wiping away the tears from her eyes. George shook his head, dismissing her apology, instead, he thanked her quietly with a bow of his head. Angie kissed Fred's cheek before going to tend to other patients. Fred sat next to his brother, a numb look on his face.

The Weasleys were all standing next to Bill and Charlie, who'd sustained quite a few injuries. Molly had come by to be with Hazel for a while before leaving to tend to Shacklebolt, who had gotten hurt while battling three Death Eaters at once. The trio were nowhere to be seen. George secretly feared Harry had gone to Voldemort, but he had no place in his mind  to worry about that now. There were bodies neatly laid a few feet away from him but he hadn't taken the time to see if anyone he knew was there. He wouldn't be able to take the pain without Hazel by his side.

"I thought I was going to die," croaked the older twin, making George turn to look at him with a shocked expression. "I felt like I was going to die," he admitted, staring at the ground. "When you asked me if I was okay earlier, I thought I was not gonna make it. I felt it, I felt it, George." His brother blinked away tears that gathered in his eyes. "I can't believe she did that for you... for me... for Percy..." If George were to lose Fred, he'd never be able to live with himself. Hazel knew that.

Sniffling, George stroked the back of Hazel's warm hand, shaking his head. "Of course she'd do that for any of us," he murmured, lifting it up and pressing a kiss to her knuckles. "It's very much like her to do this kind of thing..." A true Gryffindor. Fred nodded in agreement. Hazel stirred from beside him, a groan leaving her lips. "Haze?" Fred got up, standing next to her. "Darling?" The girl's eyes fluttered open and both twins let out sighs of relief.

As soon as her lidded eyes landed on Fred, Hazel visibly relaxed. "Oh, thank God," she whimpered, breath hitching on her throat. "Is - is Percy -"

"He's okay," George informed her quickly, cutting her off. "They're both okay, thanks to you," he was so grateful to her for saving his brothers, and he was so grateful to Percy for saving her in return... He felt like he could combust or explode into a firework. "You stopped breathing for a few minutes, scared the bloody hell out of me," he murmured.

Hazel chuckled without humour, squeezing his hand and feeling him squeeze back. "Did I fly? Or was I just delusional?" She wondered out loud, blinking to focus her eyes.

"You did, I knew you could!" Fred nodded, a small smile on his face. "You flew for a good couple of seconds, I think that's what made you fast enough to save us from the explosion," he explained, biting his lower lip. "You don't know how - how much you mean to me, Haze. Thank you, so much for - for risking your life like that," his voice was shaky, and he cleared his throat a few times, trying to stop himself from crying.

The ocean eyed girl reached over to hold his hand, softly placing it on top of his. "It's what family does," she whispered, swallowing with difficulty before she shifted her gaze to George again. "Can you help me sit up?" The boy nodded, and Fred joined in, putting his arm around her lower back so that she could sit comfortably. Hazel looked around. The first thing that caught her attention was the amount of body bags. There had to be more than fifty casualties. People were crying, hugging and some sat on their own, blank looks on their faces. The Weasleys were all reunited around Bill and Charlie, still not realising Hazel was awake. "Where's everyone else? Where's Harry, Hermione, Ron? Draco? A-And Moony?" Asked Hazel, feeling her chest tighten.