41

As soon as Hazel entered the Three Broomsticks, Harry jumped up from his seat next to Ron. "Hazel!" He instantly hugged her, a smile on his face. It was the first time they were seeing each other in months. Hazel felt as if her soul had returned to her body, seeing him in one piece.

"Hello H," Hazel murmured, pulling away from the hug. "Have you gotten taller?" She joked lightly, as she put her hand on Hermione's shoulder. "Mione, you look pretty," Hermione blushed and thanked her quietly before she turned to Ron. "Ronald, your brothers are working right now but they told me to remind you about those five galleons you owe them. They'll be coming around in a few hours," she said, sitting down next to Hermione when Harry sat back down on his place.

"Well you can let them know, I'm not paying them those five galleons," Ron muttered, taking a butterbeer in his hand. "They charged me ten for something that was worth five! How's that fair?" He grumbled making the rest of them laugh as he sipped on the drink. "Tossers."

Hazel grabbed a brand new butterbeer from the middle of the table and began drinking from it. "So! How's sixth year treating you? What N.E.W.T subjects are you taking?" The conversation continued lightheartedly with jokes and laughs along with Harry and Ron freaking out about their N.E.W.Ts while Hermione rolled her eyes at them. "You haven't been studying at all, have you?"

"Nope," Hermione answered before they could, popping the p, teasingly. "Still, Harry found this Advanced Potions book that belonged to someone else and he's been doing great, haven't you?" There was a slightly spiteful undertone in her voice. Harry shrugged in reply, wanting to be modest about it. "He even won a vial of Felix Felicis," said the curly haired girl, sighing.

"Wait that's so cool!" Hazel gasped, turning to look at Harry. Those were really rare and hard to create. It could come in handy. "Have you used it yet?" The boy shook his head, sipping on the butterbeer. "Let me know what happens when you do. That's awesome, Harry," just as Harry was about to reply, his attention shifted towards something behind Hazel.

Inevitably, the girl turned around. Hazel spotted a man standing a few feet away from her. He was tall, on the old side and was wearing a pristine looking brown suit. Before Hazel could ask who that was, the man made eye contact with Harry. "Hey, my boy!" Harry waved him over, standing up. This has to be Slughorn...

The two of them shook hands as Hazel watched. "Hello sir, wonderful to see you," Hazel tried to stop herself from scoffing at Harry's comments. She'd never seen the young Gryffindor behave this way.

"And you, and you," the man shook Harry's hand vigorously. She turned back to look at Ron, who's expression was so funny, Hazel couldn't help but snort before covering it up with a cough.

"So, what brings you here?" Harry asked with interest, pulling his hand back, putting it in his pocket.

"Oh, Three Broomsticks and I go way back further than I care to admit," the older gentleman chuckled, looking at Harry. "I can remember when it was One Broomstick!" He joked, laughing along with Harry. As he laughed, he tilted his glass slightly and butterbeer spilt all over Hermione's lap. "Oh! All hands on deck, Granger! - And who's this?" He asked, referring to Hazel.

The girl cleared her throat before speaking up. "Hazel Fenwick, sir. I graduated Hogwarts last year," she told him, shaking his hand from where she sat. "You're Professor Slughorn, am I right?" He nodded, seemingly surprised. "Harry talks very highly of you," Hazel knew this would help his cause, whatever that may be. Harry sent a grin in her direction. "I hope he's not giving you a hard time in class," she smiled at him.

"None at all, he's my top student!" Slughorn said, putting his hand on Harry's shoulder proudly. "Miss Fenwick, are you by any chance related to Benjy Fenwick II?" Hazel tilted her head, nodding slowly.