46

mature content, starts and ends with *

As George ran after the Death Eater that had used the Cruciatus Curse on his soulmate months ago, he could hear her laughter ringing in his ears. Hazel ran behind him, screaming his name as loud as she could, while Harry followed, calling for her.

"You're coming to get me!" The screeching voice of Bellatrix filled their ears. "Harry, come and get me!" The three of them slowed down after hearing that, panting for air. George looked around for Hazel and Harry, barely being able to look past the tall reeds.

Hazel continued running after that, a worried expression on her face. After noticing she wasn't getting anywhere, she stopped once again, breathing heavily. That's when she realised she was standing on top of water, her feet now soaking wet and cold. She heard the sound of someone moving nearby, frowning she walked towards it quietly. "G-George?" The water trickled, making noise as she took steps back when Fenrir Greyback came to view. Fuck, fuck.

Suddenly, Harry rushed up from behind her, "STUPEFY!" He screamed, pointing his wand at the werewolf, who quickly blocked the spell. Harry stood in front of Hazel, both of them with a tight grip on their wands. "Shit," the Death Eater disapparated, the air around him turning black. Hazel said nothing, still holding her wand aloft as the weeds swayed with the wind.

The ocean eyed girl moved towards a patch of dirt that stood taller than the water, pulling Harry closer to her as they looked around. They could hear footsteps coming in the water but as just as quickly as they appeared, they left. It was clear that the Death Eaters were messing with them. "This was a trap - to get you, you shouldn't have come after me," Hazel mumbled under her breath, turning around quickly when she heard something coming from behind her. There was nothing. "Where's George?" She asked herself, biting her lip.

"There was no way I was leaving you - George was going after her, I had to come after you," Harry retorted, not taking his eyes away from his surroundings. "He's gotta be around here somewhere-"

"Hazel! Harry!" They heard the sound of George's voice coming from afar. Suddenly, spells were thrown at the pair. Both of them blocked them and tried to cast some back but were unable to because they couldn't see their attackers. That's when George came into view, jumping into the small pond, rushing towards Hazel's side, wand up in the air.

Nothing was enough, the incoming spells from Bellatrix and Greyback were ceaseless. The three of them didn't miss a single block, though. Thankfully, Sirius, Remus and Arthur came running out of the tall-grass, standing in a circle, trying to protect the younger ones. Noticing this, Greyback and Lestrange shared a knowing look, before disapparating without a scratch. As the Bellatrix left, George followed her black aura with his wand, cursing loudly when he realised there was nothing he could do.

A loud crashing sound came from The Burrow, making them all turn their heads towards it just in time to watch a fire ignite. "Molly," said Arthur, eyes wide before he ran off towards his house and his soulmate, paying no mind to rest of the group. They all froze for a millisecond before taking off after Arthur.

As they approached the house, Hazel's heart sank as she saw everything the Weasley's had, being burnt to the ground. She felt her eyes watering as George pulled her in for a hug, resting his chin on top of her head as he watched his childhood home erupting into flames. Arthur took Molly into his arms as the woman sobbed into his chest. Sirius and Remus held hands, eyes yellow, reflecting the bright colour of the fire. Bill and Fleur held each other while Charlie and Ron stood behind them in shock. Ginny cried quietly, covering her mouth with her hands. Harry couldn't help himself and he wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Why would you run off like that?" Ron snapped at George, clearly frustrated. Whenever Ron was sad or disappointed, he would mask his emotions with anger. Hazel's grip on George's waist tightened.