"You look good with your hair up. I meant to tell you that yesterday but I got held up with my friends. You seriously look good no matter what."

"I bet I'd be prettier if I were your girlfriend."

And strike. You're out, Kathryn Howard. I frown at the realization of my words. This was the second time it'd happen between us. Where we  unintentionally say things that would make us a couple. Casey doesn't say anything as she leans into me. Her lips land on the corner of my lip, once again teasing me like she did earlier in the week. 

This time I'm a bit more patient to feel her lips against my own. She releases my hair and cups my cheeks. She rubs over my flesh with her thumbs, her eyes meeting mine. My heart fails me in this moment, beating erratically. I don't think she notices as she pulls me into her, allowing our lips to meet.

And as much as I wanted to continue feeling her soft lips against my own, we were in school. I slightly pull back just in time for my stomach to growl again. Damn. Stop, body.

Casey chuckles again. She pecks my lips a few more times before backing away from me. "I'll go get you food babe, what do you want."

My heart stopped at the pet name, which I don't believe she caught. "Uh, a-anything is fine honestly." The girl nods her head. She trips over a few things as she exits my classroom, leaving me to feel unexplainably happy. I can't help but to think about my relationship with Casey. I really wanted our relationship to bloom. 

I pull out my phone from my desk. The notifications startle me, since I was at work, of course my phone was silent. What I found surprising was who texted me. The first notification that catches my eye is Jasabelle. I open her message first.

Cane:

Hey, about the surgery I was supposed to be having, I cancelled it. But I would like to talk to you so can we go on a little date Saturday?

I frown, feeling bad for already making plans with Casey.

I reply back. Sorry, I already made plans. Maybe Sunday? I'm sure I'm free then.

I didn't need to see her facial expression to know that the news would make her a bit angry. I ignore any messages from her and tend to the others. I notice a few from my family members, wondering if I'd join them for the holidays. Then one catches my eye.

Thomas. I click on the notification. The old pictures of us together cause me to smile. I look at each picture a smile forming on my face. Those were the good days. The days when Thomas and I were actually happy.

One picture catches my eye. It was a picture of when he met my parents for the first time. I still remember it so vividly. He was extremely scared to meet them, feeling as though they wouldn't like him. I feel a cold substance on my cheek, which startles me back into reality.

My eyes meet Casey's. Her eyes on my phone with a look of annoyance. "Hey, thank you" I say as she sets the drink down. She sets the bag down on the table. "Yeah, no problem." She glances at my phone again before taking a seat next to me. "Is that you and Thomas?"

I nod my head and close my phone. I set it back into the drawer as I open the bag of food, the greasy and cheesy smell whacking my senses. My stomach growls for the nth time causing me to blush. "Seriously, thank you. We can both tell by my stomach, that I needed this."

The brown skinned girl nods her head. "I don't want to come off as the jealous type, but I really don't want Thomas to talk to you."

"You're definitely the jealous type" I tease and pinch her side gently. "I mean you dated him for 5 years, Kathryn. Not to mention he's actually a good looking guy, of course I'm jealous" she admits. Her eye doesn't meet mine causing me to chuckle lightly. I felt slightly bad that she felt jealous towards Thomas, but she made a valid point. 

Well it was time for me to tell the truth as well. "I'm actually a bit jealous of Jasmine. I don't think there's anything wrong with being jealous, it just means you care."

Casey smiles at me. I continue eating my burger and fries. Every few seconds I would feed her a fry. Up until I got a notification from my laptop. I sigh and wipe my fingers on a napkin. I slide Casey back as I unlock my computer and pull up my school email. I read the contents sent to everyone in the History department. Faculty meeting after school. 

I sigh and continue reading the rest of the email when I feel fingers drawing circles on my shoulder. I glance over to Casey in confusion. But her eyes were no longer on me. She was typing with one hand, her eyes never leaving the screen. I eye her for a few seconds longer until I get another notification. 

My eyes land back onto my computer screen. 

Seconds later I hear Casey shift in my chair. "Alright, I have to go. I'll see you at home right?" I glance towards the curly haired beauty, "Yeah. Be careful."

- - - - -

I groan as we wait a little longer for the principal to enter the conference room. Being that he was the one who decided the time, you'd expect him to be on time. 

"I apologize for my tardiness. Let's begin, first I would like to welcome our new History teacher, Mr. Rossen. He'll be joining us tomorrow morning."

I frown as I turn my head, noticing the new face in the room. I was so annoyed with the fact that he was late, I hadn't noticed the new member for the history department. His blue eyes meet mine as he offers a smile. "Good afternoon, glad to be here."

I glance away, feeling slightly uncomfortable under his gaze. The meeting continued for an hour and a half before we're allowed to head home. I gather my things, making sure I have everything before I left this hell hole of a school. Once I step out of the building the cool air breezes against my cheeks.

I don't even have a jacket. I frown and search my purse for my keys as I make my way towards my car. Once I get a few feet from my car a voice calls after me. "Ms. Howard" I hear. I sigh and turn, already annoyed that I had to stay here later than wanted. My eyes meet sea blue eyes and a smile. 

"I'll be in your care for the rest of the year. I hope we get along, maybe you could help me get settled in the morning."

Something about his aura made me feel uneasy. I didn't want to sound blatantly rude. I decide on offering a small smile instead. Before I could say anything, a hand wrapping around my waist startles me. I yelp and move away from the person. "What the fu--" I stop midsentence as my eyes land on Casey's familiar brown eyes. 

I rest my hand over my chest and try regulating my heart. She glances at Mr. Rossen before glancing back towards me. "Uh, yeah sorry. I thought you saw me walking up. Who is this?"

I inhale and exhale before answering. "This is a new teacher, Mr. Rossen. He's the new history teacher for seniors. You might be taking his class." Immediately as the words leave my lip I curse internally. 

Casey nods her head. "Well we should get going, I froze my ass off to walk up here so you wouldn't feel lonely on the ride home."

I smile at the girl. She seriously saved my ass. I turn towards Mr. Rossen with a smile, "It was nice meeting you. I hope to see you bright and early tomorrow morning."

The man nods his head. I ignore him and follow behind Casey towards my car. Once inside the brown skinned girl beside me glances past me and out the window. I crank up the car and begin heading towards the apartments. 

"He's a nice looking man" Casey comments, throwing me off. I glance at her quickly before looking at the road. We come to a red light. "I guess, I felt a little weird around him" I admit. And now I was going to see more of him. Casey nods her head silently. "You're not jealous are you?"

The girl scoffs, "What do I have to be jealous for. We're not dating." 

There's a pang in my chest from her words. She had a point. I clear my throat and force myself not to speak on the fact. Great way to ruin the mood Casey Kings. The rest of the ride home is silent. Once we're out of my car and into the building she finally speaks up. 

"I didn't mean it that way. I want us to date but if you get feelings for someone else then I can't be mad at you because we're not really a couple."

"It's fine Casey" is all I can mutter.