Twenty-three

Kathryn

My eyes land on Casey Kings as she exits Emily's classroom. My face falls as I notice her friend clinging onto her. We hadn't spoken to each other for a few days and the day I see her, she's touchy with her friend. I watch the girl a little longer as I aimlessly make my way to Emily's classroom. Once inside I find the woman in her computer not paying attention to the world.

I sit at the desk next to hers, "Uh hey. What was that with Casey and her friend?" I question, wondering if she'd have a clue. Emily finally acknowledges me after I talk. She blinks and looks at her door then back to me, "Nothing, from what I could see. Jasmine was being a bit touchy this whole class period."

I frown. But I knew I had no right to be upset about Casey and her friends. I knew exactly the kind of relationship she had with them. I clench my jaw as I try not to think about it. "So, what are we doing for lunch?" I question.

"I'm going to meet Sophia. You're going to have lunch with Casey" the woman smiles. 

"What are you talking about? She's probably at lunch with her friends" I spit. I was really trying not to think about Casey because I could feel the jealousy rising in the pit of my stomach. "I just watched the girl sneak to your room, I'm sure she's looking for you. I've got to go or Soph will beat me."

I frown as the blonde kicks me out of her room. I head towards my own classroom and sure enough Casey was siting in my chair. Her eyes meet mine and a smile grows on her beautiful and kissable lips. I smile back and close the door behind me. "Good afternoon Ms. Howard, mind telling me why you were not in the classroom?" the girl tries to sound stern. 

I can't help but to laugh as I approach my desk. "You like being in charge or something?" I question. The girl nods her head happily as she pretends to type on my keyboard. I laugh as I pull up a chair and sit next to her, enjoying her company. 

"Ms. Howard, your grades are atrocious, you should stay after class so we can fix it" Casey jokes as her lustful eyes land on me. I look away and bite on my cheek. It probably wasn't for me. Jasmine probably turned her on before she came over here. I sigh as the thought runs through my brain. Great. I'm jealous of a 17 year old girl. 

But she knew more about Casey than I did. I suddenly feel down as I think about it. We sit in silence for a few minutes until the sound of her phone interrupts us. She ignores it the first few times. "You know you don't have to ignore your phone when you're around me" I admit.

The girl nods her head. She retrieves her phone from her pocket. She takes a small glance before silencing her phone and putting it back into her pocket. That's not what I meant, Casey. "I know it's not my place to ask but..." I stop myself. I knew that was overstepping boundaries. 

"I want to take you out on a date Saturday" the brown skinned beauty spoke, catching me off guard. I eye her cautiously. "Is that fine? Or are we not allowed to?"

"We can as long as we're not seen by anyone we know."

The girl nods her head with a wide grin. It's not until my stomach growls that I realize I have yet to eat. Casey bursts out into a fit of laughter, only furthering my embarrassment. I hide my face behind my hair. I hear Casey move in my chair before feeling her legs on my knees. I glance at the girl, who was now standing over me. 

"I'll buy us food, so don't die on me" she jokes. I roll my eyes and pinch her leg playfully. Casey eyes me for a few seconds before her fingers sneak their way past my eyes and to my hair. Casually, she gathers my hair, bringing it up as if putting it into a pony tail. I eye the girl in confusion. She can only smile.